Breakfast (Belvita biscuits)

Options
Hii.
Does anyone have any ideas for quick and low cal breakfasts? I need something i can make quickly and eat on the move.

Also has anybody heard of belvita breakfast biscuits, the advertising looks good as a quick fix breakfast but looking at the nutrition value i dont know if im convinced? has anyone tried them or are they a waste of money. Below are some examples of them

Wholegrain Breakfast Biscuit - Milk & Cereals (Belvita)
Serving Size: 1 biscuit, Calories: 56, Fat: 1.9g, Carbs: 8.6g, Protein: 1.1g

Breakfast Biscuit Fruit & Fibre (Belvita)
Serving Size: 1 biscuit, Calories: 58, Fat: 2g, Carbs: 8.4g, Protein: 1.1g

Crunchy Oats Breakfast Biscuit (Belvita)
Serving Size: 1 biscuit, Calories: 56, Fat: 1.9g, Carbs: 8.4g, Protein: 1

BTW there are four biscuits in each serving.

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Hii.
    Does anyone have any ideas for quick and low cal breakfasts? I need something i can make quickly and eat on the move.

Also has anybody heard of belvita breakfast biscuits, the advertising looks good as a quick fix breakfast but looking at the nutrition value i dont know if im convinced? has anyone tried them or are they a waste of money. Below are some examples of them

Breakfast Biscuit Fruit & Fibre (Belvita)
    Serving Size: 1 biscuit, Calories: 58, Fat: 2g, Carbs: 8.4g, Protein: 1.1g

Crunchy Oats Breakfast Biscuit (Belvita)
    Serving Size: 1 biscuit, Calories: 56, Fat: 1.9g, Carbs: 8.4g, Protein: 1

BTW there are four biscuits in each serving.

I've eaten Belvita biscuits but as a snack rather than a breakfast. They are very filling, and incredibly tasty, but I personally need something substantial for my breakfast. I have 60g of cereal. I need to feel like I'm eating a meal in the morning, personally.
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options

I've tried these ones, but for some reason I found them extremely sweet and sickly so gave up on them fairly quickly - I go for Jordans breakfast bars now a days or Alpen ones, depending on which ones on offer at the time
  • clark114
    clark114 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would eat the biscuits with a yogurt and fruit for breakfast.
  • rubycube86
    rubycube86 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I eat these as a snack rather than as a breakfast. They're handy if you're craving a chocolate bar as I think these are very satisfying and are healthier for you.
  • 2012x
    2012x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I love belvita....to point they become addiction to me because they are more biscuit, biscuits than replacing my breakfast.
    Ive tried them for breakfast didnt even fill a hole in me lol.

Belvita biscuits with yogurt filling or whatever it is... are soo amazing. i could eat the box full lol
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have 1 belvita biscuit (from a sachet of 4) and an activia yoghurt before my excercise in the mornings about 120 -130 calories and then i have breakfast after. I am not sure that the full packet would be very filling to be honest, but it is just enough to stop my stomach grumbling and seems to be a good pre workout combo for me.

I have also sometimes eaten one as part of an afternoon snack with some fruit. I have had the fruit and fibre ones, they are a little on the sweet side and rather chewy! Once they are gone i probably wont replace them.
  • Charli666
    Options
    i too use these every now and again instead of biscuits, they are yummy - but i'm not convinced they really are a breakfast though
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Go the ones with the yoghurt filling. 2 per pack, very filling and delicious! However, throw a piece of fruit in as well.
  • zoeengland2000
    Options
    I have them for snacks, I live the muesli flavor ones. I have had 2 for breakfast along with a yoghurt or if I'm in a real rush with a banana but usually have porridge or weetabix.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I've bought these for my kids for quick snacks/breakfast on the go and they really like them. Oat is best, followed by blueberry. They say the apple is good but very sweet.

Nutrition-wise? Better than some of the other choices. No high-fructose corn syrup, good fiber count. Compare it to a nutri-grain or similar bars.
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    I've tried the breakfast biscuits and I really like them. I've never really eaten big breakfasts and I grab them and eat them on my way to uni so they're great for me. Also i tend to eat various go ahead bars for breakfast too. They're pretty low calories, taste good and are easy to eat on the go. (:
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    They just came out here. I think they make a great snack with some milk