Fitbit or not

Options
Hello every one. I have thought about getting a fitbit to help me moniter my calories. I am open to thoughts about this process please.

Replies

• CCChaos625
    CCChaos625 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i just got mine 10 days ago and love it! i can record workouts and i like to see the sleep bc a lot of times i dont feel like i sleep well. it has been really helpful with my continued journey to my goal!
  • ClascyParra
    Options
    I love my fitbit. It motivates me to get more steps in each day and to beat my active score....
    Love that it now syncs with MFP...i've had mine since Christmas of 2010 but preferred this site to the Fitbit site for logging in food.
    I've had 3 friends who in the last week buy it themselves....
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I think the standard daily calculations work well enough for BMR + daily activities without spending the additional money on the fitbit. I do, however, use an HRM for workouts. I've done okay without one.

9114468.png

Advice is worth exactly what you pay for it!
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    love my fit bit! got mine as a bridal shower gift and LOVE IT!
  • melissakarren
    Options
    I was considering a fitbit and found the Bodybugg was only $10 more so I purchased the bugg. But either way you go it is great to see what your body actually burns. I have been stuck for a month now on loosing weight and after buying my Bodybugg I have found I was not eating enough per MFP calculations and now down 7 lbs in a month :). If you are interested in the Bodybugg I can send you a $20 off coupon code.
  • Bullygirl30
    Options
    Thank you for the feed back so far, Im just trying to find out what is going to be right for me.
  • Bullygirl30
    Options
    I have looked at both of them and Just can't make my mind up. I looked at the bugg but I was it going for was 199.00 that's wow to me
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have had my fitbit for about a month now and I've already decided that if something were to happen to this one, I would replace it. It's very motivating for me.
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my Fitbit! I no longer have to try to figure out if the calories in the MFP database are accurate! I love that my Fitbit automatically syncs up with MFP! It really takes the guess work out of how many calories you burn plus, the Fitbit website has a dashboard to see your daily fitness progress and because of my Fitbit daily activity count, I walk 10 flights of stairs everyday and I even get up at work and walk around more knowing that it will make my activity level better!

I also just recently found a link on the Fitbit site too, that is called Earndit. It syncs up with your Fitbit and you earn points to use to get discounts from businesses that are promoting healthy lifestyles! You can also enter into challenges to win free gift cards from places like Body Rock and Bonobos!

I wouls say try it and if you don't like it, you can always return it for your money back. Radio Shack and Target both sell them if that would make it more convenient than buying it online. Especially, if you decide that you don't like it and want to return it but, I really don't think that will happen. :smile:
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the info. I've ordered mine and am eagerly awaiting it!
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I've been debating the same thing. I've switched to maintenence mode and want to get an accurate estimate of what I should be eating now. Various TDEE calcuations bring different numbers back and I would just like to see what is the best level for me. Also I'm really interested in the sleep monitor since I have poor sleep sometimes and would really like to find out if there are any trends I can link to specifics in my routines etc
  • NikkiWork
    NikkiWork Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just got a Bodybugg version 3 for a little more than a fitbit & love it!!! Go to 24hr fitness page...its onsale I believe until the end of March!
  • birdsmom1
    Options
    Does the bodybugg sync with MFP?
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit! It keeps me motivated. I wear it pretty much 24/7--except when I shower, of course. I'd be lost without it.
  • birdsmom1
    Options
    bump
  • melissakarren
    Options
    http://bodybugg.extole.com/a/clk/4rvYf2

Here is a code for $20 off a Bodybugg and it is on sale right now so I think it totals $110 with the code. This includes shipping and 6 months free online subscription. Yes the food logging base sucks and hard to get used to but if you are like me and eat the same foods everyday its pretty simple. It does not sync to the MFP site but as others I too use this site to track my food and compare the calorie burn to make sure my numbers are more accurate on here.

I have not had any problems wearing it, and I wear it all day, everyday! I forget it is even there sometimes. I also am a fan of the fitbit as this was more my moms style so that is what she uses. Both products are great!
  • Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I've had my fitbit starting my second week now. I really love it. At any time during the day, you can push the one little button on the fitbit to display an estimate of calories burned, steps taken, miles walked, and a graphic of a flower that grows more petals as you're more active - similar 3D motion sensors similar to those used in the Wii. I chose fitbit over bodybugg because it's less intrusive...meaning I can wear it under my clothes without anyone seeing something stick out like bodybugg (which my coworker has and she is constantly pulling the arms of her shirt down to try to conceal)