Fell off the wagon for a week

Options
Last week went to a friend's birthday and ended up drinking beer (something I gave up to lose weight), which led to me eating all kinds of horrible foods (chocolate, cake, cookies, etc). It's been a week since that night and I haven't been to the gym once. It's like that one night of bad eating was enough to make me completely fall off the wagon. Valentines day I ate a bunch of bad food and chocolate as well.

I'm so mad at myself! Tomorrow I'm starting again and I bet it will feel like I'm starting from square one again on the treadmill.

This happen to anyone else? Tips on staying motivated??

Replies

• 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    no tips really, just start eating right and logging again. be glad you didnt do what i did, fall off the wagon for 5+ years!
  • TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    This happens to everyone, cudo's to you for getting back on the horse. When I fail, I tend to go all the way. GOOD LUCK
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Why start tomorrow? Start right now!!!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Why start tomorrow? Start right now!!!!

Yep...that was going to be my tip. Start now. Whether it's a workout or eating better the rest of the day, start now, you'll be feeling so much more motivated to keep going tomorrow if you start today!
  • Heidihomelinda
    Heidihomelinda Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I did that around Valentines day! I kept dipping into my kids candy - and felt the guilt the whole time! Knowing I have to log it all in is my motivation to knock it off!!! HaHa
  • mlc3409
    mlc3409 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Last week went to a friend's birthday and ended up drinking beer (something I gave up to lose weight), which led to me eating all kinds of horrible foods (chocolate, cake, cookies, etc). It's been a week since that night and I haven't been to the gym once. It's like that one night of bad eating was enough to make me completely fall off the wagon. Valentines day I ate a bunch of bad food and chocolate as well.

I'm so mad at myself! Tomorrow I'm starting again and I bet it will feel like I'm starting from square one again on the treadmill.

This happen to anyone else? Tips on staying motivated??

I just posted this on one of my friends status and I think it will be good for you as well.

Im right there with you. In reading everyone's post we are all struggling. I am having a hard time with the lower calories and I keep going over. at first it wasn't much but then it was MORE. I am still Tracking my foods ONLY because I want to be able to look back and see what I have been eating on the days it was the worst. I am doing better and most days I am not over by more then 100-200 calories. It is still too much. It has been hard on me because of Surgery I am limited to mobility I too have Sciatica that makes it hard to do certain things like walking and bending. The last three weeks (including this one) I have gained. Not proud of it but I am getting back on track slowly. taking it one day and meal at a time. And if I go over I work on being better tomorrow. If I still go over it is less then the day before so I am better. Don't let it get the better of YOU. It is going to take time for all of us to get through it and NONE Of us will EVER be perfect. We can only do our best. **HUGS** Do for YOU what works.

I agree with others. Start with your next meal not Tomorrow.
  • MamaKL5
    MamaKL5 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I agree with others - start now :). You'll feel better & less disappointed in yourself.
  • kag1526
    kag1526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon a bit last week too although i'm doing better today. What helped me was I still logged all last week, I was just over 2 days instead of my usual one spike day and very close to goal one other day so I'll be over for the week.

However i looked and realized that although everything I have already eaten at this point leaves me about 250 calories to goal for this week with all day tomorrow left to log and todays dinner. That goal is 3500 calories below maintenance. I won't eat that much the rest of today and tomorrow so I'm still not going to be over maintenance. I'm not going to lose much but as bad as I was I'm not going to gain. So I didn't ruin all my hard work... I just stopped moving forward for a bit. Now all I have to do is start moving forward again.

So how bad were you really? if you didn't log, try to log everything you can remember and maybe add a bit for what you don't... My guess you probably in that week weren't bad enough to gain more then 1 lb if even that. You didn't undo everything, all isn't lost. All you have to do is start moving forward again.
  • cip1
    cip1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Oh well, so what?
    Meh, forgive yourself - it happens to all of us! A week is not that much really - maybe your body just needed few unrestricted, wild days days?
    Don't try to lash yourself, don't try to work twice as hard as you usually do. Just get on it again, like nothing happen :)
  • TopazCarey
    Options
    One week's not so bad. If you get back on the wagon now, you'll easily get back into the swing of things. When I fell off, it was for about 2 months in which time I gained back half the weight I had lost. Talk about disappointing. But I'm back on the wagon and I know you can make it back too. Good luck!
  • kattygirl0499
    kattygirl0499 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I can so relate. I came back from a week of vacation and now I've had a week of not being able to get motivated AT ALL. Today is my reset day! :) It's OK...we've all been there! Just pick youself up, dust yourself off and start again!
  • TexNut
    TexNut Posts: 53
    Options
    Every decision we make is a STEP - either closer to, or farther from your goal. We're all striving to make the best decision we can each time we're presented options. Right now, your options are to start now or start tomorrow. :wink: Go get 'em, Tiger!
  • bird922
    bird922 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh well, so what?
    Meh, forgive yourself - it happens to all of us! A week is not that much really - maybe your body just needed few unrestricted, wild days days?
    Don't try to lash yourself, don't try to work twice as hard as you usually do. Just get on it again, like nothing happen :)

Exactly. Don't be harsh, just start again. Don't look back, look at what you're doing now. Move forward.
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    We all fall off once in awhile.....I only worked out once this week but that's the first time since xmas....Sometimes you need a break, just don't beat yourself up about, life happens! Just get back on track, we all have curves in the road to get around!!!! Hang in there!
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    actually yes...there were alot of functions happening a lot of weekends in a row..I kept progressively gaining..I could not see my obliques any longer it was awful!

Well happy to report with a week of not drinking (ok...one) and healthful eating and back to excercizing I am very near my goal weight again and I can see my definition..in just a matter of a few days...dont beat yourself up...just get your head in the game and move forward!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    We all fall off once in awhile.....I only worked out once this week but that's the first time since xmas....Sometimes you need a break, just don't beat yourself up about, life happens! Just get back on track, we all have curves in the road to get around!!!! Hang in there!

Exactly this. I've done it, I'm sure everyone here has. I haven't been to the gym once this week (albeit, I spent the majority of the week battling a cold, but still). The fact that you've recognized what caused this slip is awesome, and that you resolve to stop it.

You'll be fine, hang in there!
  • ekim724
    ekim724 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This happens to everyone, forgive yourself and start your plans back up today. Because tomorrow never comes, there is only today.
  • SRowe44500
    SRowe44500 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    just keep reminding yourself of your goal. i have fell off the wagon many times. i just pick myself up and keep going
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I went to visit my sister in Texas for a week and pigged out the whole week. I gained 11 pounds. When i got back i went right back on my diet and it came off real quick. Don't get discouraged. Get right back on the diet and you will feel better after a couple days. You dont want to gain back everything you lost. We all do that once in a while.:bigsmile:
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing for a week right around Christmas. It happens. Won't have a lasting impact if you don't let it.

13438744.png