Trigeminal Neuralgia

Options
Anyone else have this awful condition? Have you figured out what your triggers are?

I was diagnosed 16 months ago. Daily medication keeps the pain to a manageable level. I only notice when I DON'T hurt! Sometimes it is hard to stay on an exercise program when you just want to sleep through the worst of it.

However, exercise makes me feel better all around and makes it easier to deal with that knife stabbing pain.

694233.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• RobbieKCPhT
    RobbieKCPhT Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have TN! I've had it for 6 years. At first I tried medications which only made me gain tons of weight. I have not had any surgeries! I go in spurts, some months/weeks are really bad, and others aren't so bad. I did 3 months of laser treatments 3 times a week, and have been mostly pain free for a year with only occasional jolts. Good luck with your weightloss & Your TN! Take care of you! <3
  • catlady66
    Options
    I've had TN for 22 years now, even though I'm only 48. I have atypical TN, where I have constant pain and then stabs and lightening bolts. My pain is on the right side, all three branches of the nerve (above the eye, cheek, and jaw). I tried a microvascular decompression in 2000, but the lack of pain only lasted 3 months for me. :grumble: I have been through almost every medication there is. Just saw my neurologist on Thursday and he gave me yet a new drug to try. There's a problem that the drug I have been on (with pretty good luck) is dropping my blood sodium level. If it goes too low I could lapse into a coma. :noway: My triggers are changes in the weather, light touch, wind, stress, it seems like everything sets it off. I use a heating pad to calm it down. If you ever want to talk, just add me as a friend...been there.