lost 20 pounds but not seeing it

Options
2»

Replies

• ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Dont be discouraged by that. 20 pounds is a big accomplishment. I started at 217. No one noticed till i lost around 30 pounds. Keep going. It is so exciting to get below 200. Good luck
  • KetoLovingMama
    KetoLovingMama Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    ive lost 20 pounds but i cant really tell.myhusband says hes can.but it doesn't feel like anything fits better. not only that but 20 pounds doesn't feel like abig number. i know itshould feel like 20 is a significant number , it doesn't because istarted at 240. so i still feel huge because im still over 200. i know i wont really feel it till im under 200,which sucks bc its still 20 pounds away.it makes it hard to stay motivated :(. if it was like 5 or 10 till 200 iwouldnt feel so bad but its not.i just wish i had started my journey sooner before i hit 240 if i had started my journeywhen i hit 220 iwould already be under 200. i know i shouldn't think like that but its hard not to. does anyone else feel like that ?......and sorry about the crappy writing but its hard to type on my ps3 lol
    I am 212 and feel the same way as you! As soon as i get under 200 i know i will feel loads better <3
  • sugiravi
    Options
    I have days when I think I see it, and others where I'm convinced I haven't lost anything at all. I'm just going to trust in the decreasing pounds and inches and hopefully I'll wake up one day and see the difference :wink:
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    not to sound mean, but you really can't trust your boyfriend's opinion... he sees you regularly so he won't be able to tell the difference day to day. he also sees you for what he loves about you, not what you hate about yourself. plus most men have a different take on life. they don't see why women diet because they as men, don't care what they look like.

i've lost 45 pounds and still don't see a difference, so i know how you feel. just keep working at it!
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I'm down 16, my husband/coworkers/friends have all comments on how great I look. My clothes DO fit slightly better and I know I've lost inches, but I don't really "see" it.

However, when you are the one who sees your body the most intimately and close up in a mirror daily, those progressions are slowly seen and not as obvious to yourself as someone else. Just trust the good praise and keep up the hard work. I know how frustrating that is...believe me!!!
  • DDBeard
    DDBeard Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've lost 19 pounds (from 204 to 185) and noone has really noticed. My husband can tell my butt isn't as big but that's it. I've started pictures and measurements. I just keep reminding myself that this is only the start of my jouney and that as I loose more it will show more. Be proud of what you have lost and don't get discouraged.
  • TriciaLB
    Options
    I know how you feel. The reason you can't tell is because it's distributed all over your body - if you lost 20 pounds in one specific place you would definitely tell! Go to the grocery store and stack up 20 boxes of butter (1 box typically = 1 pound) and you'll realize how significant 20 pounds is. Good job, don't quit now! :)
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
  • dayenucat
    Options
    This is a great thread. I weighed and measured myself today like I do every Tuesday. I was surprised that I had lost 17 lbs because I cant tell the difference and I'm still wearing the same clothes. So I'm happy to know that its not just me. I started at 300 lbs and a size 24. Well, several months later and I'm still a size 24. But reading all the encouragement in this post and others I feel better.