need to be strong

Options
I'm going to a BBQ today and am so nervous that I'm going to blow all the good work I've done this week (every day has been under my goal caloric intake, except for the day I went into Boston but I walked enough that I think I walked off the extra 300 calories). I'm going to be bringing hummus and veggies and plan to stick to that, fruit and possibly a chicken breast if they're putting chicken on the grill. I'm hoping I have the willpower to avoid all the sweets that I am a sucker for (my friend is bringing brownies and she was already telling me how great they smell). I just hope I can be good today, if not my back up plan is the 30 day shred video and some running.

wish me luck.

Replies

• kalamantina
    Options
    good luck!! :smile:

ur plans sounds solid.. and everytime im in a gathering with friends.. i just remember that i enjoy eating whatever i am today and laugh it out and all and then im stuck with the extra weight..

so its really not worth it.. the brownie is gonna last 5 minutes tops.. and then ur gonna think i wish i didnt eat it ! :blushing:

trust me ull wake up the next day feeling so good about urself for not eating any...

my new motto is (its more stressful to continue being fat than to stop overeating!)
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I'd say you can have a bite here and there, just pay attention to what you put in your mouth and try not to absently eat. If I were you, I'd taste the brownies, but I'd share mine with my friend :wink: . Don't stress too much over it, though, and enjoy yourself! Have a positive attitude and if it happens that you eat one bite extra, have a bit longer workout tomorrow! :flowerforyou:
  • blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    thanks!!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Having a small piece of brownie is good, if you have enough will power to avoid any more. Ask your friend for a small chunk off her's and than break it into smaller pieces and nibble it. If you take your time, you can really taste it and enjoy the flavor.
    Its a good idea unless your like me and it makes you run and get your own brownie....:blushing: