What is YOUR longest plateau?

Options
I just broke my 7+ week plateau!!! I was getting seriously discouraged after having exercised for 47+ straight days and staying under my calories for all but about two of those days! If you are in the same boat. Just hang in there. It will eventually turn in your favor too!

Replies

• joiselene
    joiselene Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I lost 25lbs in one year and fell off the wagon around the holidays. Had to lose a few and now stuck at the weight I was before the holidays!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Congrats on breaking it :D
    Keep up the great work!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    8 months... i lost 15kg in the first 6 months of last year, and for the last 8 months i've been floundering... i've been exercising hard, but not totally on top of the food. so i've just been maintaining. not such a bad thing because i'm not gaining, but oh well. whatever... eventually i'll get back on it and lose the last 10kg.
  • allenpearcy
    allenpearcy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Thanks! And, while I am glad to hear I am not alone, I am sorry for those of you who've been down this road before or are there now!
  • mrtentaclenun
    mrtentaclenun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I just now broke the plateau I'd been on since AUGUST!
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I was stuck for about 10 months. So long that I had basically shifted to maintaining. Right after Thanksgiving I was shocked when it spiked up almost 8 pounds in a week! It was a wake up call.

I signed up on MFP and have started kicking it in the butt again.
  • boredgeek
    Options
    I was 360 Jan 1st 2011, got to 280 on Jan 26th this year, with loss every week other than over the holidays. I have fluctuated between 282 and 279 since then. I had bee splurging on the weekends, so this weekend I have not, and will not from now on, so I will see if I can break the plateau.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I think the longest plateau I had was about 3mo...however, even with that, I have still averaged a little more than a pound a week lost...52 lbs so far and I started March 1st of 2011...

So, I was frustrated then but I think in the beginning it was just such a change that I was loosing quickly then once I adjusted, I plateaued....but now that I look back on it, I'm not as frustrated just because of what I've still averaged.
  • Tarah1218
    Options
    I just now broke the plateau I'd been on since AUGUST!

How'd you break it? Me too! No luck with breaking it yet, giving it one last effort this next 10 weeks (2 weeks into this cycle) and seeing if I can break it before I decide to just turn to maintance for a year and do a recomp, than reevaluate when 2013 comes around. It is very frustrating. I want to get to the teens for BF and my body won't go below 24ish +/- based on water weight. Heck, at this point I would be ectastic to see 20%.