what are your favorite work out videos or programs

Options
I'm always looking for new ideas to keep myself motivated and not spend hundreds of dollars at the gym. So I'm asking everyone, what are your favorite workout videos, programs and even your favorite health and nutrition books.

Thanks and I hope this thread helps others find motivation as well!

Replies

• Jennifer0878
    Jennifer0878 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have done P90X twice, Insanity three times and now I'm doing The New Rules of Lifting for Women. I have really enjoyed all three, but now I'm REALLY loving lifting heavy weights. Good luck!
  • 2012x
    2012x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Turbofire hits my buttons :D
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I really LOVE Zumba 2 for the Wii. It's so fun and the time flies! :smile:
  • Hyoderrn
    Hyoderrn Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30, been doing p90x for 2 weeks now and love it!
  • littlemegzz
    littlemegzz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My sister, aunt (who I live with currently) and I are currently on day 7 of the 30 Day Shred. I have found it very good. Level one doesn't really leave me sore the next day, so i may start doing it twice a day. I am enjoying how quickly you get to move on to a different exercise. I still can't do a full push-up, but I can stay up longer on my toes doing little bends in my arm and back up.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have a stack of Jillian Michaels DVDs I rotate through, but even then I need something fresh every so often. I have been borrowing DVDs from my library - I've tried a couple of Bob Harper DVDs and a TaeBo workout - easy way to mix things up, and to try different workouts before buying the DVD.
  • lovinmysoldier
    lovinmysoldier Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    The current issue just out of Fitness magazine has a great article on workout DVD's.

I personally only have Jillian Micheals Ripped in 30, I got it at Target for $9. It is the article above as "Perfect Circuit: Intermediate/Advanced". I like it because each session is only 24 minutes, super easy to squeeze into my day. Plus just the fact that it's a DVD is wonderful, I have 3 kids who if I'm doing a DVD is because I can't leave the house because someone is sick or just busy life in general and I don't have time to make it to the gym. I can pause it and tend to them if needed and many times all 3 are right beside me doing it too. It's short enough I can usual get them all occupied with a game, books, coloring, whatever so I can do a workout. I feel like it gets all the major muscle groups.