Anyone taking an SSRI while losing weight?

Options
I am finding it VERY hard to lose while on mine. Before I was on it 2 years ago I weighed 121. Granted at 5'6'' I was VERY thin and could have stood to gain some weight! I think 127ish is perfect for my frame. Anyway since Jan of this year I am between 134 and 136 depending on the day. I recently started BC pills in hopes that the gain was hormone linked as well (I was having anxiety still before period, chin acne a huge hormonal symptom, cystic breasts, etc). I just cant lose ANYTHING. Not even inches! Anyone have any idea of success stories. I eat about 1320 calories a day and burn between 350 and 450 a day 5-6 times a week.

I am on 20 mg of Celexa

Ana

Replies

• Pomoch325
    Pomoch325 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I was on Celexa, and while it helped the depression... it made me feel sluggish and I gained 15 lbs while on it. I would suggest talking to your physician if you are concerned, you may be able to switch to one of the others. I definitely would not stop taking them just because you are wanting to lose weight without talking to a physician.
  • Eureka175
    Eureka175 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I take Cymbalta for Fibromyalgia - these drugs are known for weight gain and therefore can make it difficult to loose - but different ones affect as all differently - so discuss with your doctor re: options.
    BTW - 2 years ago I did loose 50 lbs in one year while on it - it took extra care, but is possible.
  • anaknight
    Options
    Thanks! ef not stopping right now and would notwithout doctors orders. For me I DO workout but still dont lose.

Ana