5'8" friends

Options
Hi all, need a friend or two. Anyone with similar stats/goals etc?

Height 5'8"
SW 196
CW 153
GW 135-140

Ive just started running again after stopping for several years and loving it. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• hippychickuk
    hippychickuk Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi HerbG,

Just joined today, but have been dieting since Sept when I started at 198lbs. Today though:

Height: 5'8"
    SW: 198
    CW: 183.5
    GW: 140 (135 would be a bonus!)

Been going to the gym for a month now, but the weight is not shifting. Going to start working harder now! :glasses:
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Seems we're almost identical!
    5'8

SW 198
    CW 187
    GW 130-140

Sending friend request!
  • odonogc
    odonogc Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Yay! I need friends of my height!

SW 159
    CW 140.2
    GW 136

I finally hit my first goal of 140 today, but I want to get down a little more so that I'll have wiggle room.
  • diananut
    Options
    Hi all.

I'm 5'8"
    SW 190ish (when I started actively losing weight/getting fit)
    CW 171
    GW 145
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    5'8
    SW: 228
    CW:178.6
    GW: 150
  • Stylistntenn
    Options
    25 y.o.
    5'8"
    SW: 228
    CW: 213
    GW: 150 (got a ways to go!)
  • Stazed
    Stazed Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi, been on and off mfp since oct, exercising since sept
    SW 178
    CW 144
    GW 140-145 (happy to sit around this level I think, currently trying to drop % body fat)
  • TheHerbGarden
    Options
    wow... didn't think id get any replies! There are so many of us. Fantastic :flowerforyou:
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'8 and at my goal wgt of 130
  • TheHerbGarden
    Options
    I could have written this myself...I see 135 as a bonus too. When i was at my heaviest i never thought id get this far! but the closer i get the more achievable the GW becomes. We WILL get there it just takes time and a locked fridge :-D ha ha x
    Hi HerbG,

Just joined today, but have been dieting since Sept when I started at 198lbs. Today though:

Height: 5'8"
    SW: 198
    CW: 183.5
    GW: 140 (135 would be a bonus!)

Been going to the gym for a month now, but the weight is not shifting. Going to start working harder now! :glasses:
  • TheHerbGarden
    Options
    WOW Thats where i want to be. You look so slim
    Hi I'm 5'8 and at my goal wgt of 130
  • TheHerbGarden
    Options
    Congrats...
    My sentiment exactly about the wiggle room, I've just got to get to 140 first.
    Yay! I need friends of my height!

SW 159
    CW 140.2
    GW 136

I finally hit my first goal of 140 today, but I want to get down a little more so that I'll have wiggle room.
  • odonogc
    Options
    Blah! I'm up 2 LB from last week. I'm hoping it's just because of monthly issues. : /
  • ArSjogren
    ArSjogren Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ~ One week new to MFP and happy to have joined. Little bit of a ***** slap to see how quickly the calories add up but then again, I didn't get my current weight by eating healthy.

SW 174
    CW 172
    GW 150

From what I've seen online...my GW is a bit high, although it sure looks good from where I'm standing today. I'm just going to focus on 5lb increments and see how I'm feeling as I go. I'm training for a half marathon in April and I know my body will thank me for lowing the lbs for the long haul.
  • odonogc
    Options
    Bump!!
  • jkb7389
    Options
    I'm between 5'8" and 5'9"
    SW: 259
    CW: 249
    GW: 150ish

I feel like a lard-o compared to all of you. :/

I need all of the support I can get. It's been a rough journey. I've been working at this since January 9. It's even more rougher because my coworker and I started at the same time. She's lost almost 30 lbs. :( We're not doing anything different either.

Any all support and friend requests would be greatly appreciated! :) Good luck to all of you!!!
  • sagardner70
    Options
    41 Years Old
    5'8"
    SW: 152 (Sept 2010) and got down to 134 in Jan 2011
    SW: 142 (Jan 2012)
    CW: 136

I'm now focusing on toning and flattening my stomach;. I have changed my diet, but still working on improving. Before I had my triplets 6 years ago, I always hung around the 137 weight. Since I had the babies I cannot get rid of my flab!!! I'm currently doing the 30DS and I'm on L1D5...hoping this will help. Good Luck to you!!!
  • Fredsly
    Fredsly Posts: 1
    Options
    bump