Overnight water weight?

Options
Just curious to see how much you guys have noticed you've gone up in water weight overnight before? I had a realllly big cheat day yesterday and after two days of weighing in at 135, I got on the scale this morning out of curiosity and was 139-140.

I plan on drinking a LOT of water today :)

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I usually fluctuate around five pounds- if it's TOM then closer to eight.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    It could be that you had a high amount of sodium on your cheat day that the water has "clung" to, Drinking more water to flus out the sodium will help.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I had a high sodium cheat day yesterday and gained 3.6lbs of water weight. Woo!! I'm guzzling water today to flush it all out. I'm usually back to normal after a day or two.
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I can tell i'm hanging on to some extra water weight as we speak.. its TOM and I'm not even thinking stepping foot near a scale :x
  • fatfiske
    Options
    I've noticed that after my big cheat days I'll usually go up a few pounds. I think it isn't just the calories of the food, but the increased quantity as well. After a few days for the food to "work its way through" (for the lack of a more decent term), the weight will usually go away. The water will help with the sodium, as stated above. Don't worry about it too much, I doubt it'll be all that detrimental in the long run. I know I needed 3 days to recover from my Valentine's Day dinner :P
  • amyrobynne
    amyrobynne Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    When I ate for 3 days straight at Christmas, I went up 4 lbs by the 3rd of those days, dropped 2.5 of the pounds by the next day, and lost the additional 1.5 lbs over the next 4 days. I worked out every day for a week before and a week after Christmas Day, skipping Christmas itself. In the end, I pretty much maintained for Christmas week despite eating some insane quantity of cookies and everything else I wanted. I didn't track calories. I had been consistently losing 2 lbs a week.
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    My biggest ever gain was seven pounds. Just keep drinking plenty of water and it will go away in 3-4 days.