PIZZA HELP

Options
truecountrygirl
truecountrygirl Posts: 100 Member
Ok so last night i bought my family pizza because i like to do nice things for my family because they have done so much for me. plus we arent people that go out to eat a lot because we have a farm and animals to take care of. anyhow as they were eating their pizza i was wondering if there were any good ways to make something that i like pizza but for a lot less calories that way i dont have to feel as tho i am left out. Please help with anything that anyone has.

Replies

• AshJasper
    AshJasper Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    loaded Mexican pizza

15 oz black beans
    chopped medium red onion
    chopped small sweet yellow onion
    3 tsp chili powder
    3/4 tsp ground cumin
    3 chopped tomatoes
    1 chopped and seeded jalapeno
    1 clove minced garlic
    1 prebaked 12 in thin pizza crust
    2 cups chopped spinach
    2 tbs minced cilantro
    hot pepper sauce to taste
    1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
    1/2 shredded pepper jack cheese

-in a small bowl mash black beans, stir in onion, yellow pepper, chili powder, and cumin.
    -in another bowl combine the tomatoes, jalapeno, and garlic.
    -place crust on an ungreased 12 in. pizza pan; spread with bean mixture. top with tomato mixture and spinach. sprinkle with cilantro, hot pepper sauce and cheeses
    -bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes pr until cheese is melted.

yield: 6 slices
    1 slice= 297 calories, 9g of fat.
  • truecountrygirl
    Options
    anything?
  • truecountrygirl
    Options
    thank you i will try this
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Ok so last night i bought my family pizza because i like to do nice things for my family because they have done so much for me. plus we arent people that go out to eat a lot because we have a farm and animals to take care of. anyhow as they were eating their pizza i was wondering if there were any good ways to make something that i like pizza but for a lot less calories that way i dont have to feel as tho i am left out. Please help with anything that anyone has.

I make a personal pizza using Joseph's Low-Carb pita pockets (Oat-Flax-Wheat pita).... I make my own homemade pizza sauce, part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese, fresh vegetables, roasted garlic, fresh basil leaves and grilled chicken with shrimp.
  • lijparsons
    Options
    You can eat the pizza, just have 2 or 3 slices instead of the entire small I used to eat myself :blushing: . We order pizza every week or two and I just make sure I work out that day to make up for it. I just know that my sodium will be over the top that day, but hey.....I just chug the water. :happy:
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    wheat pita bread, pasta sauce,2% cheese and whatever toppings you want
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I prefer to just get the pizza I want and arrange the rest of my day around how much pizza I will be eating. OR I will get in some exercise or just eat 2 slices withn a salad.

The place I order from is only 170 calories per slice so totally doable.
  • Tishy78
    Tishy78 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just posted this in another thread earlier today... I definitely needed to keep pizza in my diet. This is how I manage:

Turkey Pepperoni Pita Pizza

Joseph's - Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Flour Pita Bread
    Ragu - Pizza Quick Sauce, 2 tablespoons
    Hormel - Turkey Pepperoni - 8 slices
    Sargento - Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded, 1/4 cup

Heat the oven to 375.
    Place the pitas on a baking sheet.
    Add the sauce.
    Sprinkle on the cheese.
    Top with the turkey pepperoni.
    Bake 10-12 minutes.

They clock in at about 195 calories each. Could be a little more if you can't find these pitas as they are only like 60 calories each.

We also will sometimes use grilled chicken and do BBQ or buffalo sauce instead of pizza sauce.
  • Maria_t02
    Options
    crustless pizza
    1 lb lean ground beef or ground turkey
    1 small jar of pizza sauce
    8 oz pkg of mozzeralla cheese
    Any choices of toppings- sausage, green peppers, tomatoes, onions, black olive and etc.. .. Pat ground beef or ground turkey on cookie sheet. Bake for 15-18 mins at 400 degree. Pat paper towel on excessive fat grease off the meat. Spread pizza sauce over cooked beef or cooked turkey. Sprinkle your favorite toppings and sprinkle mozzarella cheese. Bake again in oven for 15 mins till cheese melt and lightly brown at 400 degree
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Cauliflower crust pizza!
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    go light on the cheese, thin crust and add lots of veggies.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Tortillas instead of pizza crust, you could also try a cauli crust (the recipe is in the forums somewhere), I use a 2% cheese and turkey pepperoni with my favorite sauce (I'm not big on sauce so it's gonna be my fave kind), or a light alfredo sauce with chicken and broccoli.
  • amyrobynne
    amyrobynne Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I make my own pizza for the whole family (I make 4 crusts at a time and save 2 until the next time). I think I must put a lot less cheese on than the delivery places because I've added up the calories and it's not outrageous. 2 slices (1/4 of the pizza) is 438 calories with 49 carbs, 14 fat, and 22 protein. I eat it with a huge salad and let the rest of the family eat more slices if they want.
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    Hi!
    I like to split a toasted english muffin, put on a slice of tomato, a little low-fat shredded mozzarella, a few black olives, a pinch or so of basil and oregano, and heat in the microwave til the cheese melts. Even better if you put in under the broiler!
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    You can make pizza on pita bread with any topping you like, or if you want the taste of bought pizza, a lot of dominos pizzas are as low as 150cal a slice.
  • bquillen
    bquillen Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I take low calorie tortillas and put whatever kind of toppings you like and bake them to your liking....I use fajita size tortillas that are 80 calories for 2 then just add the other toppings calories and there you go...very yummy
  • joan41
    joan41 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I make what I caall flat out pizza. Its whole wheat flat out bread with turkey pepperoni and cantadina pizza sauce and fat free mozzarella cheese. Sometimes I sautee an onion and a small container of mushrooms. It's around 255 grams of fat. My diary is open and I actually made it today. Then My girls didnt eat all of theres so I actually ate it for Supper too! I also do chicken and spinach pizza pretty much the same way except I use a pack of chicken tenders and sautee a pack of baby spinach. Cant remember how much the fat grams are, but I will have to say the kids like the chicken spinach pizza but they like the pepperon pizza better. Anyway my diary is open. It is a lot of sodium, but I drink between 14 and 18 glasses of water a day anyway, and I try to watch my sodium MOST days!! Hope you enjoy it!!
  • StephanieRDMS
    StephanieRDMS Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...made bangin' mini pizzas...and I made my own pizza sauce!

I used 3oz of grape tomatoes, some oregano, basil, and thyme...blended them all up in my little magic bullet, brought it to a nice little bubbly on the stove then simmered it for like 15 mins.

Got one of the Arnold's Multi-Grain Sandwich Thins (split it open of course to make two pizzas)...split the sauce onto each "pizza crust"...

Then topped it with 1/4c (28g) (shredded Kraft Four Cheese Mexican blend) cheese on each crust. (I'm a cheese freak)

Then bake it at 350 for I dunno...whatever, 10 mins? Maybe a little longer...shorter...who knows. I was impatient and just went with the cheese looking melted. But it was SOOOO good!

And here's the nutrition facts for both of my mini pizzas:

Calories: 285
    Fat: 13
    Sodium: 550
    Carb: 28
    Protein: 21
    Fiber: 8

...and it wouldn't have been so high in fat/sodium if I would have just used one serving of cheese - but like I said, I'm a cheese FREAK! I just like the fact of me making my own sauce without any additives or preservatives!
  • LaurenJn83
    Options
    Hungry Girl has great substitutes for all kinds of guilty pleasures. Here is a link to some of her Pizza-esque recipes:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/weighin/show/1871
  • truecountrygirl
    Options
    wow some great ideas thank you all