My 1st Day

My husband and I both quit smoking 2 years ago and we have put on quite a bit of weight...We recently purchased a Wii Fit and we bought several fun games including Gold's Gym Dance Workout. I needed to start tracking my food intake and that's when I came across this site! This is fantastic! It's so nice to have a support system and people to hold me accountable :happy:

Replies

• That's what we're here for. You and your husband are free to add me. Questions support. Whatever! Good luck! Congrats on no smoking. I know that's hard!
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Congratulations on making the first steps. I have become addicted to this site and my new lifestyle change. If you and your husband need some support feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • Mbond74
    Mbond74 Posts: 56 Member
    First of all, congratulations on being an ex-smoker!! I quit over three years ago myself. Welcome to the community here at MFP. I am pretty new here too, but am enjoying the positive environment!
  • I love the Gold's Gym Dance Workout! I don't like the dance parts much (I prefer Zumba Fitness and Just Dance), but the cardio boxing is fun and a great workout!
  • rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Welcome!Let me know if you need any supoort or encouragement.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    welcome. I quit smoking 6 weeks ago today.
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    congrats to you and your husband !! Feel free to add me if you like ....
  • trasista4
    trasista4 Posts: 36 Member
    Best of Luck. With God's help we can do anything. I quit smoking years ago, however, I too gained 60 pounds. YOU CAN AND WILL LOOSE IT. Doctors say better to gain 60 pounds a year then smoke everyday. You will get control of it. Be patient with yourself and most importantly, DON't GIVE UP! You GOT THIS! Breathe, Eat and Exercise daily. Blessings.
  • SlimStacey74
    SlimStacey74 Posts: 74 Member
    Hi and Welcome!! If you use it daily, you will love this site..get the app on your smartphone or iPhone. You can scan in your food..its an awesome feature!! We are about the same age, I am 37 and I am trying to lose about 70 more lbs. I have already lost 15 lbs in the first month, and I am very determined to lose this weight, once and for all!! The people on here are very encouraging and motivational, which really helps. :smile: Feel free to add me and I will promise to be a good motivational buddy for you :) Oh, also on a side note, you may want to open your food diary to your friends so that we can help you with your diet and exercise if need be.
  • trasista4
    trasista4 Posts: 36 Member
    AWESOME! You can and will do this! Keep trying everyday. You'll be better for it. Blessings.
  • Mershon88
    Mershon88 Posts: 46 Member
    Welcome aboard! And congrats on the quitting smoking! Feel free to add me! :)
  • Anyone's welcome to add me :drinker:
  • Hiya, Congrats on taking steps, me too. Add me as a friend if u like, we can be accountable together :-)