PIZZA HELP

Options

Replies

• niklynne
    Options
    I use a Flat Out wrap for a crust. 100 Calories for a pretty large pizza "crust" . Then I pile on the toppings and use grated Parmesan cheese as well as some other cheese. The Parm has such a strong flavor that it really requires little. Usually I can make the pizza for around 200 calories and add a large salad.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Flatout bread
    tomato paste/sauce
    turkey pepperoni
    grilled onions, peppers, etc
    low fat shredded cheese

Very "economical" as far as calories are concerned ... especially compared to "the real deal."
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    or make a mini one! We used to do this as kids, well, mom made it for us. A english muffin with all the pizza toppings on it. or a pita bread. I also make a killer home made garlic bread pizza. I buy the frozen garlic bread, cook it in the oven 1/2 way, then take it out. My sauce is 1 can of tomato sauce and 1 can of tomato paste. My daughter has the job of the seasonings... garlic and oregano. Then we use the rolls of breakfast sausage, like jimmy deans. I cook it and crumble it up. and then motz cheese. then I layer the toppings on it and pop it back into the over till it is cooked. I always go 350 degrees not what the package says cuz it cooks too fast for me.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I just made homemade mini pizzas using whole wheat English muffins, no salt added tomato sause, parmesan cheese, part skim mozzarella, and TONS of chopped veggies. My hubby used flatbread as his crusts and added veggies and turkey pepperoni.

I actually order pizza when I want it, but this was even better because I could totally customize it.
  • ashleynicol3
    ashleynicol3 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I make pita pizzas all the time. Just one pita (the ones I use are 100 calories per pita), a little spaghetti or pizza sauce, fat free shredded mozzarella & turkey pepperoni. Put it all together and bake it until the cheese is melted. It tastes just as good as pizza to me and is only ~300 calories depending on what you use. Super easy!!
  • PrettyLydie
    PrettyLydie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I either try to get an individual size lean cuisine pizza, or a thin whole wheat crust one (like kashi) to share with a friend. Don't deprive yourself so much that it bites you later...pizza is my vice, and I will never give it up.
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I use my ninja blender and make dough
    (can also be done with a bread maker)

find a good recipe online that you will enjoy

then load up chicken and veggies
    or a mexican pizza with ground turkey and load the veggies

low fat/low sodium cheese

stay away from processed meats = high in sodium

already getting enough sodium from cheese reason I do light cheese just enough to hold it together =)

Straight up veggie pizza i made a couple weeks ago
    maybe 200 cals a slice id have to add it =)

409082_2976101555626_1054463465_3041228_1995447173_n.jpg
  • 3rdxacharm
    3rdxacharm Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I use flat outs to make individual pizzas for my boyfriend and me, That way we can each have the toppings we prefer.
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I used to order pizza with just sauce and veggies. No meat or cheese. Just peppers onions mushrooms, or any other veggies they had. It was good. or make your own with low fat cheese.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    I use tortilla's as my "thin crust" base for pizza... basically half of a pita (pita to me at least is the 2 layers attached to make a pocket that you can stuff with your toppings)

top with pizza sauce of choice, and your fav pizza toppings... already ditched a ton of grease if you normally buy pan-fried and calories overall... whole thing is about 500 calories depending on toppings vs a couple slices doing that and then still having 3/4 of a pizza around.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    xsnx1.jpg

Spinach Goat Cheese Pizza

Whole wheat dough ball
    4 tbsp olive oil
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1 tsp dried basil
    3 cloves garlic, pressed or diced
    4 cups spinach
    1 cup mushrooms
    1 cup diced tomatoes
    6 oz soft goat cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
    Prepare and stretch whole wheat dough ball and pre-bake for 10 min on a cookie sheet. Mix together oil, spices, and garlic. Lightly brush onto pre-baked pizza crust. Spread spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes evenly over crust. Slice goat cheese into thin portions and spread evenly onto pizza. Evenly pour the rest of the olive oil and spice mixture over pizza. Bake 10-15min or until golden brown.
  • neo200120018
    neo200120018 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I made an awesome whole meal pitta pizza with bbq sauce chicken and feta the other night it was soooo yum! also dominos do a health choices pizza range here that are good!
  • sexyagainbysummer
    sexyagainbysummer Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    1 10oz prebaked whole wheat thin pizza crust
    1/2lb extra lean ground beef
    8 oz sliceds fresh mushrooms
    olive oil cooking spray
    3/4 cup marinara sauce
    1/4 cup sliced turkey peperoni (about 15 slices)
    1/3 cup shredded part skim milk mozzarella cheese
    red pepper flakes if u like

1.heat oven to 450f
    2.spray 12 pan with cooking spray, cook beef and mushrooms. drain
    3.make pizza with ingredients and bake 7-10min
    4. cut into 8 slices
    5.enjoy

2 slices is 370 calories
    my family loves this pizza. low cal and very yummy!!!!!!!!!:smile:
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat thin crust. Low sodium sauce, easy on the meat, heavy on the veggies, use a lower fat cheese if you want. We have pizza regularly, and I'm usually satisfied with 2 pieces and a salad with just a bit of balsamic vinegar as the dressing.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Flatout bread
    tomato paste/sauce
    turkey pepperoni
    grilled onions, peppers, etc
    low fat shredded cheese

Very "economical" as far as calories are concerned ... especially compared to "the real deal."

Love Flatout Pizza, it is a Godsend to me.
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I just saw this on pintrest! Yum!

Baked Potato Skins Veggie Pizzas (You could use whatever toppings you like)

4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed
    cooking spray
    sea salt
    1 cup low-sodium tomato sauce
    1 1/4 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
    1/4 bell pepper, thinly sliced (I used 3 mini bell peppers)
    Italian seasoning, to taste
    crush red pepper flakes, to taste

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400 F.

Place the potatoes on a large baking tray. Bake the potatoes for 40 to 50 minutes, or until softened. Remove from the oven and let the potatoes cool slightly.

Cut each potato in half and scoop out the flesh, leaving about 1/4-inch of the potato skin.

Lightly spray the potato skins with cooking spray and season with sea salt. Bake skins for 8 to 10 minutes on each side until they are crisp. Remove.

Fill each skin with about 2 tablespoon tomato sauce, top-up with mozzarella cheese, and bell pepper.

Bake 15 to 16 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Allow to cook for 5 minutes and serve warm.

Yield: 8 potato skin pizzas.

Nutrition Information (per skin): 101 calories; 3 g. fat; 9 mg. cholesterol; 190 mg. sodium; 11.9 g. carbohydrate; 1.6 g. fiber; 7 g. protein

Here is the link http://www.preventionrd.com/meatless-monday-money-matters-baked-potato-skins-veggie-pizzas/?utm_source=crowdignite.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=crowdignite.com
  • truecountrygirl
    truecountrygirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    wow these all sound so great
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I use the Boboli pre-packaged pizza crust and cut it into sections before I put any toppings on it. Then, each family member can put whatever they want on their portion.

It's not what I would call "healthy", but a lot healthier and lower calorie than the pizza shop's and it's more fun for the kids to create their own. Plus, no one can complain about what's on it, since they did it themselves!
  • 1momx3
    1momx3 Posts: 16
    Options
    You should be able to eat at least 1 slice without messing up your whole day. If I know I'm eating pizza for dinner, I only get mushrooms on it and I do an extra workout that day. That way, I fill my craving and don't go over my calorie count. Good luck!
  • villageclerk
    Options
    I take a krontos smart carb pita and put one cup roasted vegetables ( peppers, garlic, onion, asparagus, zucchini) and i oz of smoked string cheese. Put thins pieces of string cheese all over the top of the roasted veggies and place that under the broiler till the string cheese gets a little brown. Oh my, this is wonderful!!! If you wanted to add a little diced cooked chicken you could.

With no meat this is 400 calories, 21 carbs, and 10 fat

Totally totally delicious!