Has anybody tried the new 350 calories Long John Silver meal

Options
DH wants to go to Long John Silvers for supper, so i logged one of the fresh grilled meals for supper...i hope its good? Im trying the baked tilapia over wild rice with vegetable medley. sounds good...Will see!

oops...baked tilapia not 'backed' tilapia:laugh:

Replies

• Starlightdusk
    Starlightdusk Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I read a review of them on a weight loss blog, she said that is you looked at the nutrition information that the whole meal ends up being a lot more than 350 calories. because that doesn't count all the sides that come with the meal. So be sure to look at the long john silver's website for the full calorie count first.
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    I read a review of them on a weight loss blog, she said that is you looked at the nutrition information that the whole meal ends up being a lot more than 350 calories. because that doesn't count all the sides that come with the meal. So be sure to look at the long john silver's website for the full calorie count first.

That was the first thing i did:laugh: im getting just the fillet with rice and vegetables. :smile:
    They have a premium platter that offers corn on the cob(with butter oil) and breadstick with bigger portions of rice and veggies that adds up to be around 600 cals,still not bad for Long John Silvers....
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I tried it, I thought it was pretty disgusting. I hate to discourage you because you very well may love it....but I'll give you my honest opinion and you can judge from there.

First let me say I am not a big fish lover. But I thought the tilapia was pretty tasteless, except for the weird aftertaste, and it was pretty mushy. I didn't like the rice and I am not a fan of cooked veggies. All in all it wasn't much food....I didn't even finish the fish so I had to go up and order my usual chicken planks, so I ate unhealthy afterall, and I looked like a pig for ordering two meals (and my boyfriend finished my fish so it probably looked like I ate both too).

So, you may like it, but bottom line to keep in mind....it's from a fast food restaurant, chances are they won't be able to make it taste as good as it looks in the picture.

Good luck!
  • punka274
    Options
    I tried it, I thought it was pretty disgusting. I hate to discourage you because you very well may love it....but I'll give you my honest opinion and you can judge from there.

First let me say I am not a big fish lover. But I thought the tilapia was pretty tasteless, except for the weird aftertaste, and it was pretty mushy. I didn't like the rice and I am not a fan of cooked veggies. All in all it wasn't much food....I didn't even finish the fish so I had to go up and order my usual chicken planks, so I ate unhealthy afterall, and I looked like a pig for ordering two meals (and my boyfriend finished my fish so it probably looked like I ate both too).

So, you may like it, but bottom line to keep in mind....it's from a fast food restaurant, chances are they won't be able to make it taste as good as it looks in the picture.

Good luck!

im gonna give it a go.:smile:
  • punka274
    Options
    Well, i ate the Tilapia premium platter meal that comes with 1 fillet,rice,veggie medely,breadstick and corn on the cob(asked for no butter:wink: ) and the meal was around 660 in cals...which i had left for my day. It was very good and very feeling! The only thing i noticed(and im use to eating mostly clean food) was the sodium. It was extrememly salty...:sick: (i think the sodium was over 1200)

Anyways...I give the meal two thumbs up:drinker:
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options
    Well, i ate the Tilapia premium platter meal that comes with 1 fillet,rice,veggie medely,breadstick and corn on the cob(asked for no butter:wink: ) and the meal was around 660 in cals...which i had left for my day. It was very good and very feeling! The only thing i noticed(and im use to eating mostly clean food) was the sodium. It was extrememly salty...:sick: (i think the sodium was over 1200)

I'm glad you liked it:happy:
  • punka274
    Options

yeah,it was pretty good!
    Im sorry you didn't like yours...maybe the fish wasn't done? I too can't stand mushy fish:frown:
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options

yeah,it was pretty good!
    Im sorry you didn't like yours...maybe the fish wasn't done? I too can't stand mushy fish:frown:

I think I am just not much of a fish lover. I was iffy about it in the first place, and so I probably set myself up to not like it (or maybe I secretly just wanted those chicken planks, lol). But I think for me to like fish it would have to be like this amazingly well cooked fish in a crazy nice restaurant.
  • punka274
    Options

yeah,it was pretty good!

I think I am just not much of a fish lover. I was iffy about it in the first place, and so I probably set myself up to not like it (or maybe I secretly just wanted those chicken planks, lol). But I think for me to like fish it would have to be like this amazingly well cooked fish in a crazy nice restaurant.

I hear ya...im not a huge fish lover myself. My DH, on the other hand, LOVES seafood of any kind.....so i have to 'try' and cook it. Once i experimented with flouder, tried to panfry it ..... didn't turn out too good! I started with a filet and ended with shredded flouder peices:grumble:

the only 'fish' that i can cook at home is tuna fish and all i do with that is mix it with some light mayo and throw in on some bread:happy: