Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

.....:angry:

hasiangirl
hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
so i finally bought an all natural protein shake without whey its called rice protein or some crap... the texture is worse than the other protein shake lol....and to top it off imma try to use this body cleanser =/... those type of things freak me out...either way i think 75 dollars was a lot for 14 pro shakes and a 2 week supply of body cleanser =/...is that a bit much?

Replies

• staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    yeah, espec as cleansers are unnecessary. :ohwell:

bring it all back to the shop and insist on a refund. you might just get one.

good luck
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Not if it works....Sorry about the crappy shakes....Do you have to use those with the cleansers?
  • hasiangirl
    yeah, espec as cleansers are unnecessary. :ohwell:

bring it all back to the shop and insist on a refund. you might just get one.

good luck

i asked if i was eating right if the cleanser really did anything and she insisted that its one of the best things u can do for ur body :laugh: i shouldve known better
  • hasiangirl
    Not if it works....Sorry about the crappy shakes....Do you have to use those with the cleansers?

nope...i just like the thought of replacing breakfast with a protein shake and i cant find one that i like... the texture is awffffffulll....and I'm not sure if the cleanser really is going to be effective or not...my own fault i bought it being kind of skeptical .....i already have the proper BM's down a day (not that anyone wanted to know that) lol
  • aballew05
    aballew05 Posts: 8
    i hate protein shakes, they are aweful and gritty and taste like a brown piece of chaulk... until i found the GNC aplified wheybolic extreme 60... its perfect for daily consumption and/or pre/post workout... suggested serving is 3 scoops; but being a female, i never take the entire serving. i usually do 1 scoop 30-60min before work outs and then 2 scoops as recovery on work out days... or just 1 scoop as a quick protein source. the whey protein is already partially broken down and its full of amino acids to support muscle growth and recovery. 3 scoops = 280 cals/1g fat/7 carbs/2 sugars/1 fiber/450mg potassium/ 60g protein... the best part about it i that it really honestly tastes like a chocolate milk shake... i've tried lots of protein shakes and this by far is the most pleasant! good luck!
  • shellygirl
    shellygirl Posts: 36
    I like the Atkins Vanilla shake. My kids think it tastes awful, so who knows. Not everyone likes the same things. :bigsmile:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Yeah, rice protein is really aweful.

Egg is the way to go if you don't like whey. As for the cleanser, return it if you haven't opened it yet.
  • harvick29
    harvick29 Posts: 14
    Try advantagesupplements.com for some other protein shakes that are not sold in stores, you might find one you like.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member

nope...i just like the thought of replacing breakfast with a protein shake and i cant find one that i like... the texture is awffffffulll....and I'm not sure if the cleanser really is going to be effective or not...my own fault i bought it being kind of skeptical .....i already have the proper BM's down a day (not that anyone wanted to know that) lol

Eat real food for breakfast, your body will appreciate it more
  • rbeglen
    rbeglen Posts: 37

Thanks, havingitall!! You hit it right on the nose. Real food is better than all these supplements people swear by. You want to be more regular, eat more fiber! Drink prune juice! You want to clean out your body, drink water and cranberry juice! Good luck! I would never in my life spend 2 cases of diapers on some protein powder and body cleanser! BUT, more power to you if it really does work for you!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    GNC has a good one that's called ADS, it's the only one that I found there without SOY in it (pretty much the only protein product in the whole place that wasn't rice and didn't have soy in it :tongue: ). it's still Whey,but no soy, which is good. I find when you mix it with skim milk it's pretty good. Not quite as good as chocolate milk, but not very gritty or grainy, and the taste is decent. And it's not expensive. About 50 shakes for about 45 bucks.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Jay Robb protein powder is the best I have ever tried.

http://www.jayrobb.com/cat_proteinwheyall.asp
  • You may not like this but it works for me. I use Metamucil (sugarfree) 30 min. before every meal. It will cleanse you and the bulk forming fiber keeps me full. Not to mention it is way cheap and one good sized container can last about a month.
  • hasiangirl

I loathe breakfast...it makes me feel sick usually thats why i like drinking a shake just to get something in me
This discussion has been closed.