Veggie Help

Options
I really don't like many veggies. I really want to start eating more of them with a meal. What are some easy tasty things I can do with veggies? P.s- I really, really hate peppers. Thanks

Replies

• katie133
    katie133 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    -when you make a tomato sauce - cut up carrots/celery/onion/spinach really small and cook it down, if you want you can even puree thisall with the tomato sauce and you wont even tell they're there

- try roasting broccoli/brussel sprouts/asparagus in the oven... put a tiny bit of olive oil/salt/pepper on the veggies, lay them in a baking pan and roast them at 400.... this brings out a totally different flavour in the veggies..kind of nutty

- make a healthy chilli with veggie ground or lean turkey ground.... cut up lots of veggies and cook them down first into the chilli
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    You can blend carrots with a bit of water and add them to your spaghetti, you can add spinach to smoothies you wont tell it's there I promise... Try a nice stir fry, or fried rice with veggies...
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I just had a great side veggie! I took a head of cauliflower, removed the base and steamed the florets. I mashed up the florets with a potato masher. Then I added 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk, 2 oz. neufchatel (low fat cream cheese), and 1 oz. shredded colby jack. I used my hand mixer to try to make it more smooth (like mashed potatoes) but it didn't work exactly that way. But it was still very good! My head of cauliflower was about 500 grams after it was removed from the base.

Yum, you should try this.
  • Hollybot
    Hollybot Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Steamed asparagus with lemon. Sounds terrible, I know. It is really good. Steamed anything with a drizzel of olive oil. Raw veggies with hummus. Spinach salad with tuna or chicken. Broccoli with a LITTLE melted cheeze or butter. Veggie patties.
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. Raw carrots and celery is about all I like. Ok, salad, too. Not much else. No cooked veggies, unless they're in a soup or stew. Makes it harder, that's for sure!! If you can eat cooked veggies, maybe green beans with sliced almonds? Dilly baby carrots? Mint peas? Onions, mushrooms, zucchini, grape tomatoes marinated in FF Italian dressing, then grilled? LOL...I love to cook, so I can think of ideas...just don't like to eat the veggies. I'm going to watch this post to see if i can get ideas, too :laugh:
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    spices are key...cumin is one of my favs to add
  • susanmax
    Options
    If you really don't like them you can sneak them into things. Shred carrots and mix them into things, put a handful of spinach into a smoothie, (you can't taste it..I swear), you can puree most veggies and sneak them into things.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I have been eating this great mixture of green veggies with a lot of my meals. I find it so filling and super easy...

It is spinach....(okay, stay with me...I know a lot of people don't like spinach and neither do I...but in a stir fry it tastes good!)....

bok choy, broccoli, cauliflower, and mushrooms (and basically any other veggies you want. I fry it all up together in my wok and just put on some soya sauce (which I love). It tastes so good! It is super simple too! I usually pair it with grilled chicken for my side... It is a simple and low calorie dinner that is super filling too. The green veggies take up half my plate.
  • eacatterton
    eacatterton Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I love to do stir fried veggies (onions, cabbage, carrots, zucchini & squash) and some baked asparagus is good with a touch of olive oil, onions and fresh garlic.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Handfuls of baby spinach, or frozen spinach - add to just about anything
    Roast vegies (minimal oil) and then make into salads - roasting them makes the flavour more intense eg pumpkin, onion, beetroot, carrot
    Try asian vegetables, or something you've never tried before
    Raw vegies as dippers for healthy dips
    Grate them and add to soups, casseroles, meatloaf, etc
  • monharri
    Options
    I like stemming my veggies and big fan of stir frys.
  • tiffanypardus
    Options
    Baking veggies sounds good. Ive seen it done on tv. I'm also going to try adding them into spaghetti sauce.
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I add a big handful of spincah to my post workout shake, can't taste it when blended with strawberries or orange juice. I also buy kale in large quantities and add it to almost everything. It doesn't really have a taste. I put it in burgers, soup, eggs, everything.
  • awilliams822
    Options
    Try drinking V-8 juice. The Acia Berry is a very good thing AND it gets you at least 1 full serving of fruits & veggies. They even make it in lite form!