making them help?

Options
Who else has had the problem of unhelpful partners/families?
My boyfriend agrees that i need to lose weight and jokeingly teases me about my 'rolls'.
and even though he says he'll help, he's the one that throws temptation in my face and the one that buys me sweets, chocolate, takeaway etc.
for instance tonight i told him i had just gone over my calories, but then when he went to the shop he came back with a box of pink n whites (marshmallow in wafers) and a huge share bag of maltesers and a pack of cookies.
he also know that i main problem with food is that if its there i'll eat it, so whats happened? ive eaten half the pack of cookies and half the pack of pink and whites.
and he's planning on getting takeaway later which he will ask me if i want and i'll say no, but when it gets here i'll end up eating his leftovers because its there and i dont like wasting food

argh!!!!!!!!!!!!
sorry i just needed to vent

anyone else have this problem?
how did you overcome it?

Katie
xxx

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Other than having a serious talk with him which may or may not (probably not) make a difference, you just have to be strong. Easier said than done, but that's what it's going to boil down to. People are going to be overeating and eating junk around us for the rest of our lives...kinda gotta learn to deal with it. Just think about the damage he's doing to himself, and the damage it would do to you if you joined in.

Good luck. :smile:
  • mrsschoondog
    mrsschoondog Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree with BrendaLee. You will always have temptations and your going to have to be strong and not give in. Best thing I can think of with boyfriend is to politely say no thank you to the junk food, be strong and not back down on your goals. He will eventually see that your serious and either stop offering it or bringing it home all together. And he will see the results and know it's best not to tempt you! Good luck!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Yeah....think down the road, when your thinner, and he's the one with rolls. Don't let him sabatoge your efforts. Maybe you can have one night where you can forget the calories and go out to eat with him?
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's trying to sabotage you on purpose because he's afraid you'll be thin and healthy and even prettier and all the other guys will be hitting on you and he won't be able to handle that.

Keep up the effort, you're doing it for you, not for him. :flowerforyou:
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Yea Yea yea they all think its ajoke. Just stay strong and remember this is for you not anyone else. My BF only weighs 118 lbs. and has since high school. and he is almost 47 years old. So trying to lose weight around him is a real chore. Its like I have to make 2 separtate dinners. LOL Hang in there sweetie and know you can do IT!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I know it's difficult, but you have to teach yourself not to be influenced by the actions of those around you. If you wouldn't start smoking just because your BF started, don't eat crappy foods just because he is. You can't rely on others to make this any easier or you'll never make it through.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    my DH didn't take me serious because I had been on 400 diets! Lose 3 gain 5. Years and years of this and he didn't know this time is different...............until it was.

Tonight my son was making steaks, I was going to make boxed mashed potatoes. He reminded me fresh is better and I peeled the taters and boiled them. He then asked where the peels were, because they are healthier that way.

Family can learn............it will take some time!!

You are doing well, but you must decide this is about your health and CHOOSE to not eat the crap.

:flowerforyou: Jeannie