Cleansing Question

Options
MY friend said that his dad lost a lot of weight from doing a cleansing process... What do you know about cleansing and do they work from your experience? IF so which one worked or did not work for you??

Also Diet supplyments what would you say about those also...

Currently I am taking Healthy Trim but I can't really tell if it is doing anything for me or if it is just the changes that I have made in my daily living...

Please help me out...

Thanks,,,,

----Also welcome to add me to help support me along my trails...

Print

Replies

• cortreinhardt
    cortreinhardt Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have heard wonders about body wraps. You can make your own, go get them done or purchase one online.

Secondly. I take phentermine. I actually really like
    It but it's not for everyone
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    You body can cleanse itself. Those are just gimmicks and a waste of money.

Try eating lots of veggies and drinking water. Works better

As for using them to lose weight - are you always going to do cleanses? Why not just start to adapt to a newer healthy lifestyle?
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Mmm the only "cleansing" I believe in is drinking enough water. Cleans out your system!
  • smoore75
    Options
    I am doing the Organic Total Body Cleanse because it helps get rid of built up toxins in the body. I also drink a lot of water and use the dry sauna too. This can help to burn off calories (approx. 300 calories in about 15 mins.) and also sweat out the toxins in your body. Good Luck!! :)
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    My liver cleanses me and I do not insult it by giving it any "supplements".
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    And for diet pills... personally I think they are a waste of money. You have to reduce your calories and increase your exercise with them which causes weight loss on their own. These pills can be incredibly hard on your body and harmful to your health. They are nothing but a quick fix. Everyone I know who took them gained all the weight back plus when they stopped.
  • SunshineT83
    SunshineT83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Sometimes cleansing is really just a means to get the mind centered and prepared to do what the body needs. Of any cleanse I would rather not purchase one, I would do a fresh juice cleanse (juicing your own fruits and veggies) and I would stick to maybe just a weekend and when coming off the cleanse simply sticking to veggies and fruits for the first few days for the body to adjust to processing whole foods again. I only recommend juicing because it gives the digestive system a chance to rest and reboot itself and the mind a chance to focus on what your overall mission in your way of living is. But if you're looking to cleanse to lose weight that's not really what any of them are about. Sure you'll lose some weight on pretty much all of them, but the majority of it will be water weight and picked back up after introducing food again. Use it as more of a "Jump Start" less as a quick fix.
  • SunshineT83
    SunshineT83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    And for diet pills... personally I think they are a waste of money. You have to reduce your calories and increase your exercise with them which causes weight loss on their own. These pills can be incredibly hard on your body and harmful to your health. They are nothing but a quick fix. Everyone I know who took them gained all the weight back plus when they stopped.

I agree, I also feel that filling your body with so many chemicals that are not regulated in any way is pretty scary when you think about it. Most of those pills are just loaded with synthetic stimulants that can ultimately be counter-productive and potentially dangerous.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Cleaning tips: don't forget to wash behind the ears and between the butt cheeks.
  • gone2facebookprint
    gone2facebookprint Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thank you all... That is all the answers that I wanted... I thought it was a bad idea...
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Interesting blog on the cleansing hustle --explains what is does and doesn't do.

http://calorielab.com/news/2008/07/17/master-cleanse-in-detail/

Actually it sounds a lot like my prep for my last colonoscopy.

10624035.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • JamesThiel
    JamesThiel Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    All you can hope for in Body Cleansing is dehydration
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    My favorite form of cleansing is pooping.
  • gone2facebookprint
    gone2facebookprint Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My favorite form of cleansing is pooping.

That one works good... on a daily basis
  • SgtCorps09
    Options
    When I did a cleansing few years ago, I used the Herballife cleansing. Worked great for me, an had a ton of energy afterwards. Felt refreshed...rids your body of all those toxins that you put in it along with the preservative crap thats in a lot of food.

Right now, I've lost almost 10lbs in 4 days, havn't felt hungry or anything, just been excercising and eating right. Just a lot of energy. I take Iron supplement, B1, B12 5000 ZipMelt, Centrum Silver Ultra Mens, and I did buy "Lipo 6 Black" a fat burning pill. Just helps lose some of the water weight too. I drink a gallon + of water a day.

To answer your question though, full body cleanse if you stick with it for the 7, 10, or 20 days its well worth it. But thats me.

Semper Fi,

John Clegg
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I've done plenty of cleanses, but the good thing I have to say about it is that by doing them, I've discovered that I'm intolerant to certain foods, like gluten. So I only recommend it if you suspect or want to find out if you have a food allergy. Other than that eat more raw foods, as many as possible!

ETA: Semper Fi leatherneck ;D
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Save your money - "cleansing" potions and supplements are just gimmicks that are designed to make money for someone else not to make you healthier.
  • SgtCorps09
    Options
    Thanks tatdmama, and ruby, I agree to some extent....some dont work for anything...as far as supplements and cleansings...but everyones body is different. Just like the supplements...i've used several different kind, and some yup wasted money because it didn't work for me, but on the other hand i've used a couple that work great for me and does work. most important thing is diet.