have my 10 month baby..still have quite a bit of pregnancy w

Options
:tongue: I'm sure there are other mommies on here trying to find time to lose weight I'm still nursing so still trying to manage being healthy too..am 145lbs wanna be 125lbs. dunno what else to say :tongue:

Replies

• chelseablakeley
    chelseablakeley Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    just keep eatting the right things, and make sure you exercise, the only kind of exercise i do for now is just walking with my daughter in the stroller, or by myself when she goes to her fathers. but i weighed myself this morning and i have lost 2 pounds already
  • lovinmysoldier
    lovinmysoldier Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Well my youngest is 3 this week and I just lost all that baby weight :wink:

I do have to say, after each baby I never did get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I always ended up at the same weight when I went in to deliver. But after my 3rd I was definitely at my highest non-pregnant weight. NOW, I have lost all the baby weight and then some. I'm actually back to my weight I was when I was 16 (I only know that because it's still on my driver's license) :blushing:

It is hard but as you know with kids you just have to be flexible and learn how to go with the flow. What works for me is getting into a great routine but a routine with lots of flexibility. I go to the gym, I walk or run outside when my hubby is home, we have an elliptical, I have a resistance band, workout DVD's, we live in a small community and there are monthly 2K/5K fun run/walk that we all do as a family. It keeps me interested and with so many options it's easy to pick something that we/I can fit into our day.

Best of luck and congrats on the baby!
  • rednblack84
    Options
    My only advice is to watch what you eat and exercise when you can. If you live in a nice area and are into running (or jogging), buy a good jogging stroller. Gyms with childcare are AMAZING! Not only does it give you time to work on yourself, it also gives you a moment to yourself to think about everything else going on or not to think at all. It saves my sanity.

My last piece of advice comes from where I failed. When you're child starts eating the same food as you and you make him/her a plate of food, resist the urge to finish their leftovers. PUT IT IN THE TRASH! Otherwise it ends up on your hips. I was 4 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight when this struck me. Somehow I ended up 16 pounds from that goal weight within a year!

Good luck!
  • Caiis101
    Options
    Yes! I have a two month old and I am trying super hard to lose the baby weight. Just joined MFP this week!
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I just recently got to my pre-pregnancy weight, what I did was cut calories and exercise while my son is sleeping.. He is 14 months but I did not try and lose the weight right after. it took me a long time to finally decide it has to be gone. What helped me personally to lose the weight was eating 1200 calories a day and doing 30 day shred, leslie sansone walk at home 4 big miles, or now my zumba on my wii. Yes it was hard, but you can do it! When little one goes done you get busy! When I was about to have my son I weighed roughly 155/160lbs (mind you, I am only 4' 11"), after I had him I weighed 142lbs, and that stayed on me for forever. a few months later somehow I lost roughly 10lbs then stayed at 133/132lbs for another 6 months and in novemeber started watching was I was going to eat. (now at 117lbs). You can do it!! :)
    btw what has saved me is snacks that are only 100 calories (snackwells, cheez-it 100 calorie bites and stuff like that.) Clementines are great too!