6 years older, yet 10 years younger!

Options
Rayman79
Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
I just wanted to post the results of my bio-age test this week. Whilst taking this not-so subtle opportunity to brag about how happy I am with the results, I also want to take the opportunity to remind people that fitness, quality and length of life are MUCH more meaningful goals than the number staring back at me from my bathroom scales.

The beauty of this test is to see objective evidence that the more effort I put in to improving my health and fitness, the more quality time I'll get to spend with my beautiful family - now in my book, that's a victory!

At age 26, I was inactive, grossly unfit and obese at 105kgs. I had a bio-age of 35! I had high blood pressure, borderline high cholesterol, over 100cm waist, and an appaling VO2Max of under 30! WTF!

Since then I have yo-yo dieted, and had periods of success (and more of failure) between then and now. I want to stress that this has not taken 6 years to acheive, but 90% of the hard work and results have come due to a consistent effort with diet and exercise in the last 5-6 months. I started my MFP adventure at this this time (last September) as obese at 95.8kgs.

So here are some of the results from this weeks test:

Blood pressure: 119/58
Airflow (peak flow meter): 700
VO2Max: 67.65
Reach test: 20.2 cm
Waist: 83cm
BMI: Just inside the normal range (not that this means a lot to me)

I still have a way to go, but I am very happy with my progress so far, and it's nice to be back in my 20's again - seeing as I didn't make the most of it the 1st time around.

So please, for all of us that can get too caught up in the number on the scale sometimes, please remember the most important reason for making these lifestyle changes. Your health!

Ray :flowerforyou:

Replies

• danielnoble
    Options
    Well done Ray.
    Good to see that you are pleased with your results.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I just want to do an "oh, what a feeling - Toyota" jump in the air.
    You sir, are an inspiration!!

Change your name to Seth Mantooth and be done with it!
    It's possible to change the FUTURE!!!

So happy for you.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Haha, thanks guys. I don't get the Seth Mantooth reference though... ?
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Mantooth was a character in 'Anchorman'....I wish I'd called my profile name "Tits Mc Gee" !!

I'm just saying you're a legend!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, Ray!! Congrats on your non-scale successes. This is a great post. :)
  • JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    Options
    Kudos to your health.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post! Congrats x
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress so far - you're doing great! And thanks for the reminder that the health benefits of eating right and exercising are so much more important than numbers on a scale.
  • Karenlavonne1958
    Options
    I just love reading the sucess stories. They really let me know all is possible! Thanks so much for the reminder that numbers on the scale aren't has important as health improvements. I am over 50 and wonder if it matters what I look like anymore. But remembering that it keeps me healthy, keeps me on track. Thanks again for the great inspirational message today.
  • skyeashlee
    skyeashlee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    u are SUCH an inspiration.. thanku for sharing, absolutely love this post :O)
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Hey Ray,

Firstly, well done!
    Secondly, where does 1 get this test done? I'm guessing the gym does it?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!