Ladies........high heels

Options
Random question, but ladies at goal weight. Are heels more comfortable now that you have lost your weight? I love my heels but god they hurt......should i be looking forward to pain free feet when i hit my gaol?

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Probably not. I hear expensive shoes are more comfortable...
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping so....and a pair of Louboutins are my reward for reaching goal! They'd better be comfy! lol
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I dont think heels are comfy at any weight.
  • rednblack84
    Options
    It can't hurt to weigh less, but heels for me have been pretty uncomfortable at any weight, except for the expensive ones. Quality over quantity when it comes to shoes :)
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    two words... gel inserts! They make any shoe more comfortable :)
  • SunshineT83
    SunshineT83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I know that before I gained all the weight I remember wearing heels being easier. After gaining the weight I feel like there is so much more to "balance" that it makes my legs ache and puts a ton of pressure on my feet. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that a good shoe that doesn't have heel that's too narrow will feel much better than it current does. Make a pretty pair a present for yourself at one of your goals to find out. :flowerforyou:
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Not for me :(
    Couldn't walk in heels at 220lbs and still can't at 130lbs.

I can sure walk in flats for a lot longer than I could for, a shopping trip was agony after an hour before whereas now I can go all day :)
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Agree with the quality over quantity argument. Expensive shoes can be really comfy. Also agree with the gel inserts. Another helpful thing are those no slip inserts that go in the ball of the shoe. :)
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I havn't noticed a difference. But that don't mean you won't. :0)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I haven't really, but then again I don't wear heels too often(at 5'9 I'm tall enough!)

I do find that my Coach kitten heels hurt less than all other heels I've owned!
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Random question, but ladies at goal weight. Are heels more comfortable now that you have lost your weight? I love my heels but god they hurt......should i be looking forward to pain free feet when i hit my gaol?

At my heaviest (after baby 2 was born) it was hard to wear them.

Now, I am back to my heel wearing self. I buy peds from my local shoe store. They are these sock things that are sheer and have a little cushion in them.. I even own some for my peep toe heels, so you can't see when I am wearing them.

Quality matters too. I love Kenneth Cole, and Steve Madden. I also found Coach to be very comfortable. I have like a million pairs of heels.

If you have a night out..try wearing them around the house to break them in first.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    There is an Advert here in Australia " got sore balls? - get party feet!"
    They are those gel - cushion pieces you stick in to high heels.
    I can dance for hours in 5" heels with those in.
    Just remember they take up a little room, so not suitable for any shoes on the small side.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but no....20 lbs lighter and still the only thing that makes the heels hurt less is more alcohol
  • soosweet1920
    soosweet1920 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping so....and a pair of Louboutins are my reward for reaching goal! They'd better be comfy! lol

They are NOT comfortable...They were going to be my bday gift to myself but they hurt too bad. Everyone that I know that have them say they hurt.
  • newlife888
    newlife888 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    More comfortable? No. I have been wearing them more though because I feel like there is less of me, so I have found that feeling a little taller has helped with my adjusting body image.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    heels always hurt a little, but at the risk of offending every feminist bone in my body, they're hot and they're worth it.
  • dolphin9803
    Options
    I'm sorry but no....20 lbs lighter and still the only thing that makes the heels hurt less is more alcohol

:laugh: This gave me a good laugh thanks for that I needed it right now!!

I can't answer, but I was curious.:wink: I only wear the chucky heels...:ohwell:
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Well, my feet have shrunk a bit, so I had to trade out some shoes that had stretched for a new pair. I've found that as my core becomes stronger my back does better in heels (or standing in general...).

I buy Cole Haan Air shoes -- they have Nike air padding in the forefoot..
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Grew up a major tomboy. Never liked heels. Would take a hiking boot anyday over heels! Now that I'm heavier, I can't even try to wear them whereas before I would do it every great once in a while. Love that some women can! I think heels are gorgeous, just not for me. Hiking boots please...
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Was hoping soo too!! Have a sexy pair of Iron Fists I wanna wear!!! Waa
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!