Ladies........high heels

Options

Replies

• Fitnessista7
    Options
    I wear high heels around the house when I am cleaning and what not. That way I am use to walking in them and it gives your calves a pretty good workout.=] But the more you wear them the more comfortable they become
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I don't think losing weight will make a difference in whether or not they hurt. Insoles can sometimes help but they make legs look so good who cares how they feel?
  • Cassiet
    Cassiet Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    lol yeah popular census agrees, they are way cute, but def not cozy! :/ haha
  • silkii_locks
    Options
    I sure hope so, because currently heels are like evil devices of torture for me!
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I am sure that weight has an effect on how comfortable heels are but I also think it is how often you wear them. I wear heels daily (I know I shouldn't but I have a shoe fetish) during the school year (I am a teacher) and every September my feet are sore from a summer of flip flop wearing. A few weeks into the month, the heels are fine. And they always look good!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    oh SooOOOOoooOOOooOOOOOo very much so.
  • Jujubie
    Jujubie Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm in heels all day and have found that shoes with a thicker sole, like the ones in fashion now, are more comfortable as the difference between the sole and heel doesn't need to be that great to give that impression of high heels.
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    When I first ever got to target (81lbs weight loss) I noticed that high heels were so much easier to wear :)
  • katemiddletonisawesome
    Options
    YES! 50 pounds ago, I wore flats and Uggs and nothing else. Now, I wear heels every day. Every week I go out and get myself a new pair too! I missed being this weight - all my shoes were getting dusty - not anymore!
  • LolaGotThin
    LolaGotThin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    If they hurt, get another pair. It's not the weight, it's the shoe. Also, break 'em in. And like others have said, there is a lot to be said for a high end shoe. Not necessarily wallet-emptying but even Guess or a personal favorite, Marc Fisher, are really great choices. Go to a Nordstrom (or whatever equivalents you may have) and take your time in the shoe department.

I own hundreds of shoes. This is how I know.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Before I gained my weight I loved heels...now it's a no go...I'm looking forward to rockin a high heel again when I reach goal.
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    After losing weight, my feet were bonier, and my bunions stuck out more, so it's actually more uncomfortable now. :-(
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Options
    Omg I love heels!!! I think it's more about being used to them rather than how much you weigh in them. They do give you some nice calves lol. I'm a whale and I still rock my 5in pumps! The higher the better! I do notice that I do ache more in the morning after wearing them all night but nothing major.
  • MoLove2025
    MoLove2025 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I love all my heels......i put them on and walk around the house in them just because sometimes when i haven't worn a pair in awhile. Im 255 lbs and i have no problem being in high heels (4-6in heels) for long periods of time. So i dont think size is a good factor. The only time my feet hurt are when the shoes dont have enough cushion in them.

I love going to Bakers, Aldos, and my person favorite DSW. I will spend as long as it takes and try on every shoe i like until im satisfied. I never buy shoes online.

Before buying i would suggest trying them on and walking around for a minute or two with them on before you buy. You can have a pretty good idea of how your feet feel in them.

These are a pair i want to go get asap.
    237249_141_ss_01?$search$

This kind of heal is better on your feet also
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Mine sure still hurt after losing 25 lbs and getting below my initial goal... but I wear em anyway.
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    After years of spending 3 hours at church every sunday I have finally mastered the art of wearing high heels without wanting to cut my feet off by the end of the day. Practice is key.
  • jpamplin28
    jpamplin28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping so....and a pair of Louboutins are my reward for reaching goal! They'd better be comfy! lol

Me too! I already have a pair picked out. And a plus is that none of my sisters wear the same size so I don't have to worry about them sneaking off with my shoes!
  • mandrox1
    Options
    I worked in retail shoe sales for 6 years. It all depends on the shape of your foot. That being said, the lighter you are, the easier it is to walk in (even uncomfortble) heels.
  • scorpiogirl100
    Options
    I agree that any heel is uncomfortable...but I have these black boots and the heel is about 3 inches...I can barely walk in them...yet I feel so sexy!!! and a little bit of a badass... :)
  • isabelk
    isabelk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I wear kitten heels, low heels and rarely, high heels. I find the shape of the toe box makes a big difference for me: no squished toes. I could barely wear heels before MFP. One year later I am happy to wear them again. I lost 25lbs, from 170 to 145, right now I'm back at 50 and starting logging again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!