Lunch Ideas

Options
HeatherFP13
HeatherFP13 Posts: 81 Member
Hi! I am looking for some quick ideas for light lunches. I never know what to do for lunch! I would appreciate any ideas you may have.
Thanks!

Replies

• amyjanetx
    amyjanetx Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i like the Thai Kitchen noodle soups... and I'll have 5 saltines with laughing cow cheese. : )
  • ATK57
    ATK57 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Any kind of soup would be my choice... Wraps?
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Today I heated up a leftover roasted chicken breast with some salsa, then shredded it and put it in a tortilla with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese. Yum! I also use tortillas (80 cal) with veggies and cheese.
  • kris472
    kris472 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I eat a different type of soup every day, but I stay away from creamy soups. So far, it has worked! Plus, there are so many varieties you can have something different every day, and they are filling.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'd like some ideas too... I'm terrible for just grabbing a can of tuna or something like that. Could do with variety!

H
  • jcrooks85
    Options
    I eat a can of tuna, triscuits (or 45 calorie bread toasted), raw spinach with a few sprays of wishbone salad spritzers, and weight watchers 50cal string cheese.
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Turkey or soy hot dog (usually 45 calories) and a bun (usually 100)

FlatOut wraps or Foldits filled with veggies.

You can make a quick pizza on a flatout too if you have access to an oven.

Progresso Light soup (160-200 calories per entire can usually)

There are tons of recipes online for sushi rolls. You could make some in advance and then just throw them in a little Tupperware container.

Mix up some flounder or salmon with some veggies and rice.

I could probably go on all day with lunch ideas since that's when I get to be the most creative with my meals... but I have to pretend to start writing a term paper right now. =X

Edit* Here, I made this public so you guys with Facebook can see this album. There's a lot of things I put the recipes in the description or comments.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.353986701285375.119482.100000221446439&type=3
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love making a mini veggie plate for lunch :)
  • katemiddletonisawesome
    Options
    I'm a leftover girl - I always package up a plate for the next day from the evening before when I cook supper. Otherwise, wraps and salads are the way to go.
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    i like a morning star spicy black bean burger on an arnold sandwich thin. you can zap the burger for 90 seconds and flip it at 45 seconds and it's really good. then have lettuce, tomato, onion, banana pepper rings, pickles with mustard and a little ketchup for under 300 cals. sometimes, if i have extra cals, i'll put a schmear of hummus on there - or have hummus with a few pretzel chips or celery as a side. as long as i pre-slice everything the night before, i throw it all in my lunch bag and assemble lunch in less than 5 minutes. if you have a toaster handy, you can toast your sandwich thin.
  • meredithmccandless
    Options
    for sandwiches...
    1-hummus with a dash of cayenne, sliced cucumber and shredded carrot.
    2-apple, avocado, and brie

for salads...
    1-mixed greens with cherry tomatoes, avocado, cucumbers, carrots, and some sort of protein (shrimp or white beans or salmon are tasty!)
    2-mixed greens with goat cheese and roasted beets and raw pecans

on the run...
    1-Amy's burritos are so delicious
    2-sushi (w/brown rice)

I'm pescetarian so these are obviously non-meat options, but hope they help!
  • FrankWorsley
    FrankWorsley Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Simmie69
    Options
    Try FiberOne 100 calorie English Muffin with 1 oz mozzarella and tomato slices and basil. Really tasty.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I normal make sandwiches or even backed or grilled chicken on the weekend do I don't have to do anything during the week.
  • Lib_B
    Options
    oh, and once a month i make 3 or 4 pots of homemade soupp and freeze them in 1 c. serving sizes. chicken noodle, chili, etc. Set it out in the morning and zap for about 2 minutes at lunch. My only advice is that if you make soups with the intent to freeze and they have noodles or potatoes, you may want to undercook them just slightly so the microwaving finishes them up and they don't turn to mush. i also do a chicken florentine that people rave about (chicken, potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, mushrooms, chicken stock, frozen spinach thawed and drained, and a splash of cream or evaporated milk, thyme, bay leaf and salt and pepper to taste). just add up your cals as you are putting them in and then divide by the number of servings you get out of the pot. i'll also throw in leftover veggies that need to be used like asparagus, etc. good base recipe you can modify to what you have on hand....
  • Christinajoey2000
    Options
    bocca burger on a sarah lee whole wheat sandwich thin and a salad
    indian fare entrees, veggies (fresh or the organic frozen california blend or green beans), beans, chicken, shrimp or tuna and (frozen--well, i don't actually eat it frozen) brown rice
    greek salad w/fat free feta and lite on the olive oil
    hummus, goat cheese or peanut butter on celery (or bell peppers)
    healthy choice steamers with a piece of whole grain bread or a salad
    soup and salad or bread
  • Melysa1988
    Melysa1988 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    fruit , yogurt and granola parfait
  • twentytwobecky
    twentytwobecky Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I wait until salmon is on sale, then I buy a large filet. Bring it home, season it, (I like lemon pepper on mine), cut it in 4 to 6 ounce pieces. Place each piece on parchment paper. Put parchment paper and piece of fish in ziplocs. Freeze for later. When you want to cook it unzip the bag half way and put in the microwave for 1 min 30 sec if frozen. If thawed cook for 1 min. Leave in the bag for 1 min after cooking. Cut the bag to easily get the fish out w/o wiping off your seasoning. Enjoy.
    I like to have broccoli or a spinach salad with my fish.
  • Lib_B
    Options
    you can also poach salmon in the microwave using a little water, lemon and dill. delish!!
  • ditzyFlip
    ditzyFlip Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Here's a cute, quick lunch idea. My nana used to make this for me when I was little, but this time it's without the cream cheese (faaat, lol).

- Turkey slices: preferably low fat, low sodium. I use Walmart's GV just 'cause it's cheap and efficient. :U
    - Cherry tomatoes
    - Black olives
    - Spinach
    - Scallion (opt., especially if you care about your breath)

:: With one turkey slice, lay a couple leaves of spinach and the scallion off-center on the turkey slice.
    :: Take one cherry tomato and slice it, and place halves on either end atop the spinach.
    :: Take one or two black olives, slice them, and place them in the middle of the tomatoes atop the spinach.
    :: Roll the turkey slice. To eat, pinch one end to keep the tomato an olives from falling.

Voila! Lunch meat wrap. :B Only 80 calories per two wraps.