Where are all my shorties at?

Options
2»

Replies

• musicstardust67
    musicstardust67 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Im 5'4 but I still consider that short lol.
  • MrzMensy
    Options
    I added some of you girls with the height of 5'2 and almost the same weight loss to lose as me. That way we can side when we go through certain phases.
  • Mrs_Padgett
    Mrs_Padgett Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    <---4'11 :) I am 8 lbs away from my original goal but then I am thinking another 10.
  • lonedlphn
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and have 47 pounds to lose. Just starting out here.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", and I've lost 33 pounds so far, but hit a plateau too. I'm constantly changing things up trying to get back into weight loss mode again, but honestly, I'm really focused more on fitness and muscles and not so much weight as a priority. Still, it would be nice to see a few more pounds come off. Friend me if you want more support! :)
  • kell887
    Options
    I'm 5'1 (and a fourth) and I wanna lose 55 pounds.
  • cortreinhardt
    cortreinhardt Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    5'0
  • ditzyFlip
    ditzyFlip Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    5'0"! :D 13lbs to go ~
  • AshleyNicole8686
    AshleyNicole8686 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" with 5-10lbs left to go but down to 113 from 180! Add me if you want! I like friends who are supportive!
  • mcsolis
    mcsolis Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    5'2 here and still have about 40 lbs to go for me to be happy. According to my weight i should be between 100 and 110 which is ridiculous to me
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    5ft tall need to lose 30 more pounds. Add me if you like.
  • ElysheV
    ElysheV Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5' 1" and some change... 1 month in and 26 pounds to go! Feel free to add... I'm relatively new and looking for more social support!
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I can't believe there are people on here who are either the same height as me. I have Turner's Syndrome, a genetic disorder, and it predisposes the afflicted girl to being obese. As of February 2nd last year I was:

Height - 4' 6"
    Weight - 170 (or there abouts)
    BMI - 39.6

Measurements: Neck 15, waist 41, hips 47

When I started I was unemployed and worked out at least 3-4 times a week, and if I didn't work out, I walked. I have been watching my calories and serving sizes. Not only that but I have pretty much cut out beef, except for a couple times a month. I am eating healthier and eating more turkey, chicken, pork and fish to get my protein. I have also been drinking at least 6-8 glasses of water a day.

I used to have a HUGE butt, a prominent pouch below my belly button, big butt and big rolls on my back.

My current stats as of today:

Employed at a local hospital doing admissions in the ER

Height - 4' 6"
    Weight – 126.8
    BMI – 30.2

Measurements: Neck 13, waist 33, hips 38,

This is all thanks to eating healthier, joining this site and exercising.

My exercise routine has since become this:

During the week – 1 20 minute walk during my lunch hour and 30-60 min of Pilates at night after work. For lunch I eat a single “Smart Ones”, “Healthy Choice” or “Lean Cuisine” meal along with munching on either some nuts, fruits or veggies. For desserts if I am craving something sweet I have a 100 calorie snack pack version of cupcakes or cookies.

Weekends - I go to the gym for 60-75 min and do both cardio and weight training.

Since I have lost so much weight I feel soooooo much better. I lost the dark circles under my eyes, and I noticed today that my abdomen is even. No buldging in certain areas. In fact I now look very similar to the way I did as a... EIGHTH GRADER

I agree with everyone saying that for some reason My fitness pal just works. It is a tool which helps keeps us motivated, and gives us a support system outside of our friends and family. Sometimes we need the support from people who we may never meet but are in the same boat. I have actually been able to get 2 of my coworkers to join My Fitness Pal.

For anyone who needs help or tip here's the link to my blog where you can find all the tricks and tips as well as some good recipes. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/woja9640

Here are some tips I figured out along the way as I have lost weight:

1. Logging your exercises gives you additional calories for the day to eat. Make sure your NET is close to OR at 1200.

2. Drink plenty of water.

3. Drinking 1 cup of coffee a day is fine.... the caffeine in it is actually a diueratic and natural sodium reducer.... basically it helps reduce water retention.

4. Keep track of your calories, sodium, carbs, and protein the most... the rest are just extras... in my opnion. Make sure to keep you sodium as low as you can, eat more protein than allotted and do not go over on your calories. As for the carbs... try not to eat all of your alotted carbs for the day and eat them early. Do not eat them later than 6pm.

5. Try not to eat later than 7pm either.

6. Weigh your self in the morning, AFTER you wake up and use the bathroom. Best time as gravity hasn't had a chance to fully force itself on you and there's little food in your digestive tract.

7. Keep switching up your workout routine. Don't do a cycle it will help keep you from getting into a plateau for too long.

8. As for snacks/desserts that don't taste bad....there is: low carb/low fat ice cream which is good, Jello pudding cups, chocolate chip granola bars, unsalted peanuts, weight watchers snack cakes and more. You can also go into the recipe section on this forum for ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. The whole food part is all about portion control and watching both the calories, carbs, and protein.

Here's my before and after picture:

DSCN0145-1.jpg
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1! Feel free to add~
  • purplemilly12
    purplemilly12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    5'3 add me =)
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and to reach my initial goal of 175 I have 47 more pounds to loose! Add me if you'd like! Good luck!
  • RainbowBrite86
    RainbowBrite86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    5'2
    and still have 50 more lbs to lose.
    I've lost a total of 255 lbs :-]
  • vic72
    vic72 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent!
  • giveMEbeauty
    giveMEbeauty Posts: 192