Ladies help!!

Options
I workout sometimes twice in a day and of course I shower afterwards, but I know it's bad to wash my hair so much. Do you ladies have any suggestions on what I can do?

Replies

• elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Shower cap, or a bun on top of your head. :flowerforyou:
  • kgirlknits
    Options
    try a dry shampoo after one of the workouts? then at least you are only "washing" your hair once a day...
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Def dry shampoo. Psst is my favorite, you can get it at walmart and beauty shops for $6ish and one can lasts me a good while.
  • sjdamm
    Options
    Try a dry shampoo
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    make sure you only use quality shampoo as well!
  • rdsxgrl28
    rdsxgrl28 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I do a baseball hat and leave a little conditioner on
  • needtolose50lbs
    Options
    You can cowash. that is washing with conditioner to keep your hair from drying out. You just wash your hair with conditioner instead of shampoo when you take that 2nd shower.
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    As long as you tie your hair up really tight for a workout, you don't need to wash it afterwards, unless you have naturally *very* oily hair. Just tie it up in a bun or put a shower cap over it when you get in the shower.
  • FoxWilkinson
    FoxWilkinson Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Tie your hair back and don't wash it?

I have medium thick hair, so it stays clean for a few days without washing. I also hit the gym 5 days/week, some of those day overlap/coincide. So I tie my hair into a neat bun on top of my head, and I simply don't wash it. I take the bun out, brush, and good as a just-washed head without the hour it takes to style :)
  • MaryD4900
    MaryD4900 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I don't use shampoo every time I shower, but I usually do condition every time. My hair is really thick, curly and dry so I try not to shampoo it more than a few times a week. My stylist told me you don't need shampoo to get rid of sweat and that water will rinse it out. She said you really only need shampoo to get rid of dirt, grease, or oil. Don't know how accurate that is but it works for me!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I think dry shampoo is a good option too! X
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    My hair gets soaked after my workouts though? Should I let it air dry or blow dry?
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    That will depend on what kind of exercise you are doing. When I do two periods of exercise in the day the first one is usually in the low (fat burning) range, that doesn't make me sweat; like yoga, walking and balance exercises; then the second one is in the higher (fitness/stamina) range; like strength or aerobic. That way I don't need to wash my hair twice (if I sweat I have to wash my hair, period).
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options
    Tie your hair back and don't wash it?

I have medium thick hair, so it stays clean for a few days without washing. I also hit the gym 5 days/week, some of those day overlap/coincide. So I tie my hair into a neat bun on top of my head, and I simply don't wash it. I take the bun out, brush, and good as a just-washed head without the hour it takes to style :)

I do this too :)
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I have thick hair so it takes a couple days to get greasy/oily. So I only wash just my face and body and just get my hair wet, on some days.
  • sandyrrt
    sandyrrt Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You can cowash. that is washing with conditioner to keep your hair from drying out. You just wash your hair with conditioner instead of shampoo when you take that 2nd shower.

^^^^this. Your hair looks "fine" in your pic. So you'll need to be careful not to over shampoo and strip your hair. I will wash once with shampoo/conditioner, then use conditioner only the next 2 washes. Be sure to use cool water to rinse. And i would air dry as much as possible.
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I go to the gym 5 days a week & I had the same problem. I wash my hair once or twice a week & on the days that I don't wash my hair I just wear it up in a bun or pull it back into a pony tail. When I had blonde hair I used to put talcum powder on top as it gets rid of the greasy/oily look and you can also buy leave in/dry shampoo now (I haven't used it but my friends do).

I am an early years school teacher & figure it's better to have my hair up any way as I definitely do not want head lice!

Good luck xx
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    My hair gets soaked after my workouts though? Should I let it air dry or blow dry?

Air dry for sure.. all that heat and washing is not good for your hair.

I wash my hair every three days... if that. I have thick curly hair that I straighten.. and there is no way in hell that I am styling that every time just because I worked out that day. Takes way to much time that I don't have!