2 water questions

Options
2»

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    to answer your question. skim milk counts as fluid but not as water intake, its the same with juices and other drinks, they give your body fluid but not in sufficent amounts, in some cases the added sugar will help to actually dehydrate you. There really is no substitute for plain old water! Sorry!!! I like to add lime juice or lemon juice to my water sometimes, but for the most part I put it in a water bottle and take it every where with me. Then I'm drinking it all day instead of other liquids. Also cold water or ice water burns more cals. because your body has to use energy to heat it up!!!

You dont need pure water, you take in fluids, as "fluids" are 99% water. Your body extracts the water it needs from anything you consume that has a water content. And you're saying sugar dehydrates?! Got any backup for this?
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    add frozen grapes to water. it adds a little flavor and they are like ice cubes.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    these daily water questions are killing me, hahaha. Just drink water. It is good for you. Stop trying to make excuses and finding loopholes in the system.

Personally I have never had a problem drinking water. I love it and find it quite delicious. I carry a 1L water bottle with me everywhere and probably fill it up at least 5 times a day (and that doesn't even include what I drink out of cups at home).
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    these daily water questions are killing me, hahaha. Just drink water. It is good for you. Stop trying to make excuses and finding loopholes in the system.
    lol theres no loophole- you really only need 8 cups of liquid a day ...mfp just says water because its the most obvious/healthiest choice :P
    and just fyi im not anti water, i drink at least 64 oz a day myself. but im not gonna dehydrate myself if i replace some with coffee or fruit juice
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    For me water is water, if I add a chemical enhancer to it then I will log both the water and the chemical enhancer.

You can add the wedges/juice of almost any fruit, On heavy workout days I will add sports drink {8 oz for every 24 oz}.
  • MoogieOh
    MoogieOh Posts: 141
    Options
    squeeze half a lemon into glass of water = lemon water. :) tasty, sweet and refreshing
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I always answer the water question like this.. is your body made up of 70+% Chrystal Lite, or Skim Milk or Lol.. Bud Lite?

Nope, nope and nope... Just water! Commit to water, you can do it... your body really wants water, and apparently Bud Lite!!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I always answer the water question like this.. is your body made up of 70+% Chrystal Lite, or Skim Milk or Lol.. Bud Lite?

Nope, nope and nope... Just water! Commit to water, you can do it... your body really wants water, and apparently Bud Lite!!

Can your body easily extract the water it needs from Crystal Lite, Milk, etc? YES!

There really is no need to drink copious amounts of pure water...
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I don't personally add any of those packet things to my water. However, I do count tea as water, since that's essentially what it is. That's mostly because I have trouble getting the right amount of water intake in a day, and the 3-ish mugs of tea that I drink bring me up to enough water.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options

and what is the main ingredient in crystal light? soda? bud light?
  • tayca9174
    Options
    The reason why I say I can't drink plain water is because I finished chemo therapy for cancer in June and drinking water tastes like metal to me. It tasted like metal during chemo and after chemo it STILL tastes like metal. Chemo affected my taste buds and when I try to drink plain water it makes me vomit...unless I'm at the gym...then I crave lots of water. I've discussed this with my doctor and chemo affects everyone differently.