Sweet Treat

Options
How often to you reward yourself with a sweet treat? I am always at or below my net caloric goal but never really treat myself. Today I ate a 90 calorie Reese's Peanut Butter Heart and feel kind of guilty.

Replies

• ericalynn82279
    ericalynn82279 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    No guilt for treating yourself!! Especially if you are under your calories! I know for me if I don't treat myself then I end up going WAY overboard!!
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i treat myself everyday. i love sweets and as long as im under calories and feeling good, there is no reason i cant have a small treat. go ahead and enjoy it!
  • MaryD4900
    MaryD4900 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    lol. I think I have a treat daily. I do have a problem with going over on my sugar... gotta work on that. sigh..
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    each night i have a small treat :)
  • siobhano_
    Options
    I have a small treat daily. usually it's a bit of of dark chocolate. It's a lot lower in sugar and fat than milk chocolate so it means I can eat quite a few calories worth, but stay under my macros
  • nawazarrio
    nawazarrio Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I had a piece of chocolate cake when I was out today. It was so yummy and well worth the calories. Don't guilt yourself over the occasional treat! :D
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    each night i have a small treat :)
  • lunalulu2
    lunalulu2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Everyday!
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have treats to as long as I log them! :)
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    If I am under my calorie goals I will treat myself. I think it helps keep me on track. Some of my favorite low calorie treats are Dove dark chocolate with almonds, Raisenets,or mini york pepperment patties. I keep them in the freezer.
  • 2Phat1
    2Phat1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are tragics for Lindt chocolate truffles. Before embarking on our lifestyle change we would open a box of 12 and eat them all in the one night. At 70 calories each that was an extra 420 added to our daily totals.

Now to treat ourselves we have one each if we have spare calories available at the end of the day. We also have a family policy that if one of us doesn't have the spare calories available then neither of us has the Lindt ball. It keeps us honest and most days we have sufficient calories left over to indulge.
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are tragics for Lindt chocolate truffles. Before embarking on our lifestyle change we would open a box of 12 and eat them all in the one night. At 70 calories each that was an extra 420 added to our daily totals.

Now to treat ourselves we have one each if we have spare calories available at the end of the day. We also have a family policy that if one of us doesn't have the spare calories available then neither of us has the Lindt ball. It keeps us honest and most days we have sufficient calories left over to indulge.
    awww....that is sweet. Keeping each other on track.
  • Julie7869
    Julie7869 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I eat something sweet everyday. I don't feel guilty. I feel proud that I am eating way less than I used to, and learning to eat smaller portions and can still have a treat without overdoing it like I used to.
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Today I ate a 90 calorie Reese's Peanut Butter Heart and feel kind of guilty.

Those things have been CALLING to me in the store. But I make my own chocolate at home.
    Melt 2 tablespoons coconut oil in the microwave, and then add 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder. I add 8 drops of stevia, or you can add 1/4 cup agave syrup or 1/8 cup brown sugar. Dissolve it in the hot oil by stirring everything together.
    Then, slowly add a little bit of milk until it looks like ganache (thick and creamy and luscious). Pour into molds or small cupcake cups and throw in the freezer for 15 minutes.
    I like to do a thin layer of chocolate, set in the freezer and then pull them out and add some peanut butter, top with more chocolate, and freeze again. Home made reese's!!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Life's too short to feel guilty over a 90-calorie peanut butter heart.
  • ginamaria724
    Options
    Life's too short to feel guilty over a 90-calorie peanut butter heart.

Agreed. I treat myself whenever I have enough extra calories left by the end of the day.
  • whiterice83
    whiterice83 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    To be honest I feel the exact same way. My son gave me 3 Reese's hearts for Valentine's Day and they're sitting on my desk for a day I think I deserve it. If I don't have them tomorrow, they'll wait until next weekend. I think because I've only been doing this since January I'm just really strict right now to mold my habits- maybe later down the line I'll be like the others and have a treat daily.

Good luck to you!
  • l1o9r9i9
    l1o9r9i9 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My treat...Sugar free 10 calorie jello cup . Perfect for all that follow atkins !
  • judybrim
    judybrim Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I treat myself daily as well! I also love Lindt dark chocolate truffles. So, I plan my workouts to ensure I can enjoy these, too! It's a great motivator for me! Don't feel guilty...earn them and enjoy them! :D
  • ktlynn447
    ktlynn447 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    every day! right now it is either a reeses peanut butter egg or a cadbury egg :smile: