Finding A Bikini Top

Options
I'd like to wear a bikini once i lose a little more weight..but my real problem is finding tops to wear . I mean, when i look at a bikini top and it says its a "large" but when you look at it...it looks like "small" . I need a large or higher :(. Any good places to find ones that fit a size DD...and aren't too expensive?

Replies

• isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I've had good luck with biggerbras.com...(I think that is the site...you could google it). I bought a few tops there because they are sized like bras...they are British sizes and the style of bathing suit is 'Fantasie' and "Freya". Both of these bathing suit tops are sized for a bigger busted woman.
    Good luck
  • Das_Modell
    Das_Modell Posts: 167
    Options
    i saw one on Victoria's Secret.com but not sure if it would work really. Plus i havent been able to establish any credit so i didn't get to have the victoria's secret angel card. I don't have any credit cards yet :(
  • hammersshells
    Options
    Newport News--go online--usually has several styles of bikini tops made in bra sizes up to DD. Very good prices, too. Enjoy!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Lands End is a great place for swimwear. I've never been disappointed with anything I've gotten from them... and I understand your chest concerns :wink:

exercise.png
  • Das_Modell
    Options
    I'd probably have to buy one thats more like a halter top bikini
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    there was a place called venus.com or somthing along those lines. havent looked in a couple years.

i got mine at kohls. i feel weird in it because i used to be a lot smaller on top. but once i got over it i have been at the lake every weekend since!
  • Das_Modell
    Options
    there was a place called venus.com or somthing along those lines. havent looked in a couple years.

i got mine at kohls. i feel weird in it because i used to be a lot smaller on top. but once i got over it i have been at the lake every weekend since!

Cool cuz i was just looking at kohls' website not too long ago and found one i thought was cool. I just dont know exactly what size i am and i dont have one of the measuring tapes (anywhere i can buy one?)
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I have the same problem... after many, many years of searching, I've found that tops that tie behind the neck and in the back are best because you can tie both places as tight as you want, but still buy an XL or even XXL. I have a Calvin Klein top that I got on clearance (originally $68, I paid $13) at the end of last summer :happy: My last couple have bathing suits have been this style, and so far it works out pretty well. Good luck on your search for the perfect bikini top :flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

Cool cuz i was just looking at kohls' website not too long ago and found one i thought was cool. I just dont know exactly what size i am and i dont have one of the measuring tapes (anywhere i can buy one?)

go to a hobby store or a fabric store and you can get a measuring tape. I am sure you can get them at department stores as well. good luck!