MIlk?

Options
I'm a person who has always had to have milk in my diet, and even more so after I had my twins a year ago.... I've not been drinking it hardly at all here lately because I don't want to waste 90 calories on milk... but I noticed that my dairy desires are getting worse since I've cut it out completely, and today I even went overboard with a milkshake because I "needed" the milk/dairy aspect of it... or so I thought :( Anyways, I guess what I'm asking is, does anyone else here drink milk and NOT count it? How do you get your dairy needs fulfilled?

Replies

• peaceinside
    Options
    Drink it or eat it if you need it. Drink fat free or almond, soy or rice milk. Cut out something else on days you need your milk.
    Peace :flowerforyou:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have a glass of chocolate milk almost every day after my early morning workout - holds me over while I take my kid to school and then usually do a 4 mile walk or 30 minute jog/walk. I love it. :) Other dairy I include often is a piece of string cheese, and I put Greek yogurt in my smoothies or eat it with fresh fruit & a little honey.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I love it, and count it.
    Milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream. I'm like the dairy queen. :love:
  • ATK57
    ATK57 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I can't say no to 4% milk or 10% cream
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    milk is delicious and good for you, and if you like it, its not "wasting" calories.
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I dont think its a "waste" of cals at all! 3 servings a day of low or non-fat dairy has been proven to help weight loss. (or so Ive heard anyway). I wouldn't worry about it too much. I drink at least one, sometims two cups of fat free milk everyday and have one serving of 50% reduced fat cheese on most days too.
  • HeatherScottTN
    HeatherScottTN Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Drink your milk if you love it...but DO COUNT it... because it's calories and nutrition you are taking in.

I'd suggest you go with lower calorie options if/when you can....

Plan for it in your daily intake and enjoy it...
  • xmissjasmine
    Options
    Thanks everyone. The skim milk I drink is currently 90 cals for an 8oz glass.
  • elizabeth51608
    elizabeth51608 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I drink milk every once in a while...I consume dairy every day though. I eat a 4-oz cup of Greek yogurt, or 1/2 cup of cottage cheese or the like daily. But I agree with the other posters---if you eat or drink it, you have to count it! :)
  • 2Phat1
    2Phat1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I can't do without my milk coffee in the morning. An 8 oz. regular cup with 2% milk is 99 calories so easy enough to fit in every day. I always count it. Other dairy needs are met through low fat natural or greek style yoghurts with muesli for breakfast (60 calories for 2 oz.) or on low cal chilli, curries, etc.