Ladies........high heels

Options

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    The key to any heels is fit and quality. As a general rule, for me, the higher the heel I go up a half size. They will usually feel big in the store but once u are out and about in them it makes a huge difference. Heels can be comfortable at any weight!
  • xxcatyxx555
    Options
    Random question, but ladies at goal weight. Are heels more comfortable now that you have lost your weight? I love my heels but god they hurt......should i be looking forward to pain free feet when i hit my gaol?

heels are easy for me im 163 and i wear 5 1/2 inch heels all the time although at 198 i could only do 4 inch heels
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    This is an interesting thread. Never really thought of it! I am a heal freak! It's my obsession, I do find the better heals to be more comfortable. I am a huge coach and nine west fan :) .... those emails on the sales are just plain evil!
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    im 5'1 --- all my friends are 5'5 are over....... i NEED to wear heels, thou in all fairness i punish myself by wearing 6 1/2 inch platform heels.... does not get any easier.... i still hobble about at the end of the night n people ask me if im just needing the toilet and im like -- "noooo my feet hurt!!!!!!" hahahaha

pretty shoes are WORTH the pain!!!!!!!! xxxxx
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping so....and a pair of Louboutins are my reward for reaching goal! They'd better be comfy! lol

Me too :)
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Louboutins are really comfortable! Basically it depends on the shoe. I'd suggest getting inserts for any heel you wear, though.
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I can live in heels honestly. The higher the better! lololl
  • elledo
    elledo Posts: 80
    Options
    lol wow. i posted then came back an hour later to 48 responses! Don't get me wrong, i still wear my heels but was just hoping they would hurt less....think i might need to invest in some chunkier heels like in the pic. They are gorgeous!
  • Caffeine_Addict
    Caffeine_Addict Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I found they hurt less when I was at my lowest weight. I guess it depends on the foot and the shoe.
    I can't wait to clop around in mine again.
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    heels always hurt a little, but at the risk of offending every feminist bone in my body, they're hot and they're worth it.
    Exactly :)
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the comfort... but I really like how my legs look when I wear my heals now... I put on my sexy red heals the other day and my calves looked pretty damn hot :-)
  • wannalosew82
    wannalosew82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    More than the comfort I seem to have lost confidence in wearing them. I am terrified that I will fall. So much so looking at six inch stitelletos which I used to love wearing when I was in my twenties sends shivers up and down my leg now. I am not kidding. The most I wear now is a one inch heel. I miss those days and wonder if after I reach my goal I will be able to wear at least a 3 or 4 inch heel with confidence.
  • joellieh
    Options
    Heel comfort is about building up your intolerance to the pain lol! Louboutins (sp?) are expensive but that doesnt always mean comfort!! My comfiest heels were dorothy perkins and also another comfy pair are Karen millens but it varies! If you want them to be comfy you have to move your way up the heel height and let the pain numb you lol
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I absolutely can't wear heals now. I hope that when I meet my goal weight I'll be able to wear them again, even if only for a few hours at a time. Right now they're waiting in my closet and hoping to see the light of day.
  • mocha1975
    Options
    two words... gel inserts! They make any shoe more comfortable :)

^^^ THIS!!! ^^^
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Random question, but ladies at goal weight. Are heels more comfortable now that you have lost your weight? I love my heels but god they hurt......should i be looking forward to pain free feet when i hit my gaol?

Quality matters too. I love Kenneth Cole, and Steve Madden. I also found Coach to be very comfortable. I have like a million pairs of heels.

I concur with Coach and Kenneth Cole. They have more padding than most. Especially Kenneth Cole (main line, not Reaction, but Reaction is pretty good compared to many. Ahem Aldo). Nine West can be decent as well.

Also try Sofft and Naturalizer. I haven't really found Aerosoles to be all that comfy.
  • lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am 58 yr young and I never could wear heels I am almost 5'8" . I had a boyfriend once who always got me heels and I tried so hard to wear them and did it make sores on my feet they got infected and I was down for almost a month.. now I don't bother but maybe some of these heels that are better might work.. :)
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I dont think heels are comfy at any weight.

Unless you're drunk, then it numbs the pain.

:drinker:
  • SpanishRapunzel
    SpanishRapunzel Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I remember my shoes not hurting near as badly when I was thinner. But we're talking about a 90-lb difference from my lowest weight to my highest! I would wear 5-in heels all day when I was thinner, and now 4-in heels hurt after about an hour and a half- I think it's all the pressure and the fact that I have wide feet.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Even at my lower weight heels hurt, but I could stand it. At my highest weight, heels were intolerable even for short periods. I'm at the halfway point on my weight loss, and I am finding that they hurt less than they did when I weighed more. I can take them for brief periods of time - a couple of hours max. The'll never be comfy, but I look forward to when I can bear them for dressy occasions.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!