ZUMBA

Options
Is there anyone out there that is doing ZUMBA either in a class or at home? I just started, but there is no listing in the "add" options in the cardiovascular exercise for ZUMBA. This is a fairly new product, but it's also very big! It started in the '90's in South America and came to the USA in 1999, where it really took off big. I find it kinda hard to believe that there is no one else on MFP besides me that is using ZUMBA for exercise. So, if you're out there, let's get together and add ZUMBA to the cardiovascular exercises!!! :glasses:

Replies

• KJLIII
    KJLIII Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Yes, there are LOTS of people here doing Zumba ! ! There are several groups that you can join that do it, and I personally enjoy doing Zumba at home. I just log it as either dancing or aerobics, high intensity.

Welcome to MFP, by the way ! ! And let's ZUMBA ! ! ;)
  • emeralds5668
    Options
    Is there anyone out there that is doing ZUMBA either in a class or at home? I just started, but there is no listing in the "add" options in the cardiovascular exercise for ZUMBA. This is a fairly new product, but it's also very big! It started in the '90's in South America and came to the USA in 1999, where it really took off big. I find it kinda hard to believe that there is no one else on MFP besides me that is using ZUMBA for exercise. So, if you're out there, let's get together and add ZUMBA to the cardiovascular exercises!!! :glasses:

Zumba rocks! I love zumba.....and I log it as dancing/aerobics
  • themurph8910
    Options
    I want to start doing it...It looks like so much fun!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    You can create your own exercise and use a HRM or something like zumbacalories.com to figure out your burn.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/exercise/new
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Ooo Zumbacalories.com?
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I was just logging my morning Zumba!! LOL

You can use an HRM or zumbacalories.com - like the other people advised.
    No two people will have the exact same burn rate based on age, activity level and metabolism.

:heart: :heart: ZUMBA :heart: :heart:
  • Ready2lose1t
    Options
    I do Zumba 2 on the wii at home and it tells me my calories burnt. I also go to Zumba class 3x a week and kinda add a few more calories burnt since I have way more sweat dripping off me after class than at home!

Great exercise!
  • hungryPHATbunny
    hungryPHATbunny Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Love Zumba!
  • teaqueen11
    Options
    I love Zumba! I have a heart rate monitor and I'm averaging 500 calories for a 45 minute DVD. I want to go to a class soon, just need to get out and do it! I'm looking into getting the new wii game to add more variety. Anyone done Zumba Fitness 2 on the wii yet?