Ideas for low fat/low cal desserts?

Options
Would love to get some ideas on some healthier desserts that taste good too!

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    In the fruit section of my local grocery store I noticed they had pre-made crepes that were 50 calories each- just the wrap. I bet that would be amazingly good packed with berries and a bit of low-cal whipped cream on top. :smile:

Frozen yogurt is a yummy low'ish cal dessert- especially with fruit.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Would love to get some ideas on some healthier desserts that taste good too!

A store bought box of cake mix (I like spice cake mix) and a large can of plain pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie mix one), mix cake and pumpkin together don't add any of the other incredients on the cake box, bake normally but check about half way. I serve with lite cool whip. Just a note if you have any left over make sure you put it in the refrigerator because of the pumpkin. I also heard that apple sauce can be used instead of pumpkin but never gave that a try.
  • lynnie25
    lynnie25 Posts: 93
    Options
    how about making your own fresh fruit salad and home made pita chips..

apples
    strawberry
    kiwi
    red apple
    green apple
    grapes
    raspberrys
    cherries

cut it all up..mixs in a bowl and to cut calories squeeze three oranges over and top it off with
    some cinnamon and a few packets of splenda

for the chips take flour tortillas (look for the lowest in fat and calories)
    used a pastry brush and a little water to just coat them, than cut ito wedges and than a little cinnamon place them on a litely sprayed cookie tray..bake at 375 for about 10-15 min once you see them getting crispy ..there good to go...i love making this and it is so good..you can also eat this with out the chips..
  • kalamantina
    Options
    these r pretty good and pretty light ...:smile:
    vanilla crisps

2 separated eggs, separated
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup sugar
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
    1/3 cup all-purpose flour
    confectioners' sugar

Directions
    1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. 2. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the egg whites until foamy. Slowly add the baking powder, salt, and sugar and continue beating on medium speed until stiff peaks form. 3. In another bowl, combine the egg yolks, vanilla, and lemon zest and beat with a fork until thoroughly mixed. Fold into the beaten egg whites just until combined. Sift the flour over the egg mixture and fold in until the batter is smooth and light. Drop 2 teaspoons of batter per cookie about 2" apart onto the prepared baking sheets. 4. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden. Cool on the sheets for 5 minutes, then remove to racks to cool completely. The cookies will crisp upon cooling. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving. For best results, store covered.

Nutritional Facts per serving
    CALORIES 26.3 CAL
    FAT 0.4 G
    SATURATED FAT 0.1 G
    CHOLESTEROL 17.6 MG
    SODIUM 28.2 MG
    CARBOHYDRATES 4.8 G
    TOTAL SUGARS 3.4 G
    DIETARY FIBER 0.1 G
  • Christin09
    Christin09 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Sugar free fat free Banana Cream pie

Sugar Free Banana Cream Pie

Ingredients
    2 (1/8 ounce) boxes jell-o sugar-free instant banana cream pudding mix (or you may use one big box of this pudding mix, the choice is yours)
    2 3/4 cups skim milk
    vanilla extract (imitation or pure)
    1 (9 inch) graham cracker pie crusts
    3 bananas, sliced
    cinnamon (for dusting)
    sugar-free Cool Whip

Directions
    1Beat both boxes of pudding mix into 2 3/4 cups milk, adding any amount of vanilla extract you want, in a large bowl with a wire whisk for 1 - 2 minutes.
    2Using a large spoon spread a little bit of the pudding mixture on the bottom of the pie crust for the first layer of pudding, followed by adding a layer of sliced bananas on top of the pudding layer. Continue doing this until you run out of pudding mix and banana slices. You may use more or less bananas according to your preference.
    3Using a small icing spatula or a spoon apply some whip cream to the top of the pie, covering it all the way around.
    4Sprinkle some cinnamon powder into the palm of your hand and then gently dust the cinnamon powder lightly over the top of the pie by gently using your hand/fingers.
    5You may serve the pie now or place it in the refrigerator for an hour to chill (my recommendation). Leftovers should be placed back into the refrigerator to keep cool.
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I love nice n easy

Sugar free jelly, low fat/fat free yoghurt and mix in a broken mini meringue ... It is simple low cal and yummy :bigsmile:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I finally got the diet pop cake to turn out.

1 can diet pop
    1 cake mix
    2 egg whites

mix and bake as directed on the box. Without the egg yolk or the oil, you're down to whatever the calories are on the box for just the mix.
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    Oh my gosh! All these ideas are making my mouth water! I am going to have to try all of them!
    Thank you everyone!!
  • chinadolly
    chinadolly Posts: 53
    Options
    Mine aren't nearly as interesting but they do it for my sweet tooth. I freeze chocolate low cal pudding cups with a popsicle stick stuck in it and it tastes like a fudgesicle. Fresh strawberries over angel food cake is still my favourite, so are yogurt parfaits, vanilla yogurt, berries and a little granola.