DIET PROBLEMS

Options
I DONT EAT vegetables at all,i dont know why , i cant even forced myself to eat vegetables or not i will vormit,but i will replace it with FRUITS such as ORANGES ,APPLES and WATERMELON , is it ok ?? AND one more thing,is it ok for me (120KG GUY) to eat a plate of rice in the lunch and a half plate of rice for dinner,and i dont eat brown rice since its more expensive,HELP

Replies

• IrishMinx32
    IrishMinx32 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    losing 1-2 lbs a wk is a good amount to lose a wk. When it comes to veggies try blending them in a blender with fruit, yogurt and ice. U dont need much only 4-5 1/2c servings a day. Then add a low cal protein powder to keep u fuller longer. Also drink plenty of h2o. As a matter of fact b4 u eat drink 8oz of h2o. Pay special attention to your body and what it tells u. You body might be telling u it's thirsty instead of hungry. Try finding a substitute for that rice!!!! or even go w/o it!!!! stick with your protein. Maybe a baked potato???
  • LemonDiva
    Options
    Oh dear no... IMO it is not alright to avoid vegetables... especially not replace them with fruit and rice...I hope you are eating some protein too...

you need vegetables for vitamins, minerals, fibre - keeps your tummy moving ...and not lest because many of them are lower in calories and very filling...

The trouble with fruit is its high in sugars too... so over eating fruit will add to your weight problems... hmm I wonder what it is tat gives you such a reaction to veg... are you cooking them properly...

Here's an idea why not enrol in a cooking course... you would meet lots of new people and learn how to prepare food in tasty ways???? just an idea x x hope you can sort it soon

meanwhile consider a slow release multivitamin tablets until you sort your diet out...
  • Darrknys
    Options
    eating too much fruit could lead to having too much sugar in your system.
    try having your mom or you chop up veggies small enough to hide them in your food. or spices that make them tastier for you.
  • kristelw
    kristelw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    can you lose weight without eating vegetables? sure -- in the same way that you can lose weight if you only eat tissues. but sorry, it's just not possible to be healthy without eating vegetables. you need them in order to get the vitamins your body needs.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I never eat vegetables(Very rare that I do) and I lost 30 pounds just fine and am perfectly healthy... I also have not had any weight problems from too much sugar in my system due to a lot of fruit.. That's just BS.

If you are worried, then take a multi vitamin to make up for what you are lacking in the vegetables.
  • chriswee2012
    Options
    I will try to eat vegetables .THANKS friends
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I smell something funny here