It's finally happened...

Options
When i started trying to lose weight i was 123kg (271lbs). I'm pretty tall, but I was obviously in the "obese" category of the BMI. Two years of hard work has resulted in my weight getting down to 107kg this morning! this means that i now fit into the "overweight" section. Which i am chuffed to bits with, to be honest!

Replies

• inspektorf
    inspektorf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I would be! Way to go!
  • TisMee76
    TisMee76 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    As you should be! You've taken the steps and the hard work needed for your long term health! Good on you!

I've gotten my BMI from 31 to 28...and am stoked!

Progress is progress! And it's FANTASTIC!
  • dvcab
    dvcab Posts: 78
    Options
    I know what you mean i hit the overweight bmi last week and i must say my smile increased greatly. even though i have never believed the bmi as a standard its nice to know you have dropped from the obese catergory.:drinker: :drinker: cheers
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    That is so SO awesome!! :drinker: Congratulations!
  • light_grenades
    Options
    tisme, thats great! well done! youre right - progress is progress. i didnt want to change my lifestyle too much, so it was always going to be slowish progress...

dvcab, mine has gone from 33.5 to 29.5, and although i dont really believe in it either it's still nice to have a way of measuring weightloss and getting targets in place. the way i feel is more important than a basic ratio calculation like bmi though... cheers back at you :]

and thanks to everyone else too :]
  • SamNicoll
    SamNicoll Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I am hovering just above the overweight/obese threshold and hope to cross it within the next couple of weeks - and I intend to make a big song and dance of it - it's a marker of progress (albeit just one of many) and, regardless of whether any of us 'believe' in the value of the BMI, the health professions take it very seriously indeed.

So - CONGRATULATIONS!

S
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Very well done!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Well done you!!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    YaY! Great achievement :flowerforyou:
  • Elundari
    Options
    Way to go!!! That must be an amazing feeling and one I'm looking forwards to myself :)
  • jezlightyear
    jezlightyear Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    that's brilliant :D this morning i hit 197lbs which is a big goal for me, next one is to get under 14 stone by next sunday so wish me luck :P you've done amazingly though by the sounds of it, kudos! xx
  • nymple
    nymple Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well done. I can't wait until I hit this milestone. What a fine day it is indeed ;) Congratulations, you should be uber proud of yourself
  • light_grenades
    Options
    woop, thanks :]

and... congratulations to you all, in leu of you all reaching your goals! ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!