Ok this is a better introduction

Options
I am brandon. I am a professional touring musician. I am 5'11 and about 250 lbs. I am all around solid (solid guy too:) and never been fat. A good amount of muscle upper body wise but not the tummy. The tummy is my worst spot. I hate it! I am highly interested in the primal paleo lifestyle (thanks sammysweetheart).

I literally just want to feel good. I can understand some peoples motivations to want to look "sexy" and thats great. I could give two craps about how ripped my abs are. The insides are important and should be the most important. The looks are a bonus.

Being a professional drummer includes a lot of traveling, being beaten down physically from being on the road, cold weather, hot weather, flying to other countries....it takes a lot of work. MY drumming is strenuous and a good workout to some (when they see this video http://youtu.be/aYYXxhnz1AQ) but I want to find my nitch in exercise nd have fun with it.

New friends is absolutely accepted. I just want to stay on the wagon. Not fall off anymore. Good luck to everyone who is on the same journey.

Replies

• twiztedgrl69
    twiztedgrl69 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Welcome Brandon! Great to have you here...I'm going to add you, hope we can both support each other:)
  • cadency
    Options
    I play bass! I was way excited when I saw that MFP had a calorie option for musicianship... so when I'm standing and playing for 80 minutes for practice, I can count the calories!

I think feeling better has a lot to do with food choices. That can be especially difficult if you're touring all the time and the band's only option is the fast food joint off the side of the highway. Even fast food joint salads are often calorie packed! Sounds like a challenge but sounds ilke you know what you want and can go for it! welcome :)
  • cadency
    Options
    AH! You're in Impending Doom. <3 Saw y'all play at Face Down fest a few years ago. Love it.
  • BrandonDoom
    BrandonDoom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Very awesome thank you all so much! Glad to meet new people!
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Hey Brandon -thanks for that intro. Would love to help out on thy journeY (:
  • BrandonDoom
    Options
    Oh heck yes! I wasn't in the band then! I have played for xdeathstarx and a lot of other bands. Been in Doom for about 3 years now tho! So glad to meet you Cadency!
  • BrandonDoom
    Options
    Thank you munchknhugs!
  • cadency
    Options
    Oh heck yes! I wasn't in the band then! I have played for xdeathstarx and a lot of other bands. Been in Doom for about 3 years now tho! So glad to meet you Cadency!

!! Jealous. Awesome music. I know of xdeathstarx too. I play in a punk hardcore band... makes shows for a good workout. Though, I'm still new enough that I'm still learning how to really move and play without screwing up too bad! Maybe y'all make it out to our area soon. Or hit me up; we sometimes help or can point to booking in Tucson. Unless facedown does all the booking for you guys :)
  • BrandonDoom
    Options

!! Jealous. Awesome music. I know of xdeathstarx too. I play in a punk hardcore band... makes shows for a good workout. Though, I'm still new enough that I'm still learning how to really move and play without screwing up too bad! Maybe y'all make it out to our area soon. Or hit me up; we sometimes help or can point to booking in Tucson. Unless facedown does all the booking for you guys :)

RIght on! Thats rad! Keep playing! And we haven't been on facedown for over a year! Go to our Facebook page and check out everything you may have missed!
  • cadency
    Options
    Yup. Out of the loop. Hehe. Sorry :P I knew that, too, I think cause I was on facedown's website sometime back!
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    hi Brandon, we have a similar philoshopy towards weight loss. I dont want the same health problems as my Mum! Being slimmer and wearing nice clothes, cool but not the be all/end all!
  • nymple
    nymple Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi Brandon. I agree, it's about so many things besides looks. It's got to be about health and wellness :) Good luck on your journey.
  • jezlightyear
    jezlightyear Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    welcome brandon :D i hope you can find all the support you need here, we're a pretty awesome bunch. (:
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    health nut here!
  • monkeymouse74
    Options
    Sending you an add. Welcome..:-)
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I've watched your vid. This would do as my daily workout lol . Its gotta be hard though, I've traveled a little and it does zap you out. Good luck though, keeping in touch with people here could really do it for you.
  • BrandonDoom
    Options
    Thank you all so much!
  • dollymixsix
    Options
    Welcome! :)