A good book to read??

Options
Hi everyone I'm after some suggestions for a good book to read, I need something for when I'm resting in bed with my aching body!! Something I can get from the library I love crime and old romance(not mills and boon!) haha

Replies

• nurseloopy
    Options
    Try anything by Louise bagshawe. I love her!:happy:
  • o_delaisse
    o_delaisse Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm reading 'The Woman in White' by Wilkie Collins at the minute, it's very good :)
  • AmyJackson1990
    AmyJackson1990 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    TWILIGHT books are always a winner im in love lol x or i started readin this amazin book ( its a bit sexy tho lol ) Its called TELL ME SOMETHING by adele parks ... its a " i cant put this book down " lol xxxx
  • Angel_Eyes1975
    Angel_Eyes1975 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am not much of a reader but my sister loves Janet Evanovich
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Gone with the Wind at the moment. I know I saw the movie and was utterly bored out of my brain for four hours but the book is excellent!
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    New Rules On Lifting For Women. SO worth reading for EVERY woman!!
  • Elizadolots
    Options
    The girl with the dragon tattoo. Stieg Larsson. I'm on the 3rd of the trilogy now, can't wait to go to bed at night to read that!
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I like Michael Connelly, Mark Billingham, Ian Rankin
  • Serenavictoria
    Serenavictoria Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The girl with the dragon tattoo. Stieg Larsson. I'm on the 3rd of the trilogy now, can't wait to go to bed at night to read that!

I'm on the second one myself, I enjoy them. You have to get through the first quarter of the first book though before it becomes interesting, though. The second is pretty good, thus far. Didn't take as long to pick up, but is it a book of really high good parts and some really boring parts.
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    If you like crime novels, I suggest Agent 6 by Tom Smith (part of a trilogy, but you dont have to read the first two books)

Or even better try Moonlight Mile by Dennis Lehane (also part of a series, but definitely stands alone)
  • cssm
    cssm Posts: 25
    Options
    thanks guys i am going to check out all your suggestions, although i have read the twilight saga. Im lookimg forward to the read! thants again.
  • Lauracork2005
    Lauracork2005 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I loved Midnght Express
  • INTER5TELLA
    Options
    Try reading the whole Millennium Series by Steig Larsson.
    It's got crime, romance, and suspense, it's pretty intense with certain scenes.
    The only downside really is the harder to pronounce places, since it takes place in Sweden.
  • nurseloopy
    Options
    :happy:
    TWILIGHT books are always a winner im in love lol x or i started readin this amazin book ( its a bit sexy tho lol ) Its called TELL ME SOMETHING by adele parks ... its a " i cant put this book down " lol xxxx

I like adele parks too
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Honestly, try reading The Hunger Games. It is really good - especially the first and second book.
    For old romance but with a twist I might try Twilight series. It has a very old romance feel but is obviously set in modern day with vamps...lol

I really love the books by Darynda Jones....the Charley Davidson series....I think the first book is called 'First Grave on the Right'. It is hilarious! Has a bit of supernatural but it also has some romance! :)
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Like fantasy? Try "Magician" by Raymond E Feist.. Absolutely EPIC. Almost as good is "Game of Thrones" by George R R Martin.
  • littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Just finished Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks. It is now my second favorite book (after Nineteen Eighty-Four) but be warned, it'll depress you like nothing else. Besides that, it is absolutely astonishing.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I'm reading a book called "Nothing to Envy" by Barbara Demick. It's probably one of the best things I've ever read. Barbara is a new York times journalist who has interview defectors from North Korea as they resell their stories from childhood through to 2009 - including the years of the famine. It's eye opening stuff, at times makes me cringe - but incredible. I'm loving every page of it.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    For fun, easy books the Stephanie Plum series from Janet Evanovich is a good choice..the books are easy reading, and can make you actually laugh out loud!

A little more serious is "The midwives confesiion" or "Confessions of a midwife" by Diane Chamberlain. I usually don't care for her other books, but this one was amazing!!
  • lisaslim1976
    Options
    The time travellers wife...made me cr,y as did the film