Low cal Spaghetti Carbonara - 216 cals!

Options
thisisabbie
thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
Ok, I made this tonight and it was DELICIOUS! (I've tweaked the recipe below slightly, to how I will make it next time so it's better!) Served between 3 of us, this was an average sized portion. If you're super hungry, perhaps only divide between 2 people, and it will still only be around 300 cals. (And you will be full, I assure you!)

1 small onion, finely diced
70 grams short cut bacon, fat removed
30 grams shaved ham, shredded into small pieces
1 large clove garlic, chopped finely (or minced)
50 grams zucchini, grated (so picky eaters don't notice!!)
1 tbls dried parsley (or a touch less!)
1 tsp cracked black pepper (more or less to taste!)
10 grams hard parmesan, grated
1/2 can light evaporated milk (approx 188mls)
1 egg
200 grams butternut squash, cut into 1cm cubes
1.5 cups fresh spinach

250 gram packet Slim Pasta - Spaghetti

Here's what to do!

Place butternut squash in boiling water or a steamer, or microwave if you are so inclined. Prepare spaghetti as directed. (Simply rinsed and covered in boiling water for the Slim Pasta)

Lightly spray a non stick frying pan with cooking spray, and fry onion, garlic and bacon until almost cooked. Add ham, and fry for another minute or 2.

Add zucchini, parsley & black pepper, and stir to combine. Add prepared spaghetti.

In a separate dish, beat together evaporated milk and egg. Add to frying pan, making sure it is on a low heat so you don't scramble the eggs!! Add grated parmesan, and stir over low heat to give the eggs time to cook.

Stir in cooked squash & fresh spinach just before serving.

Garnish with some cracked black pepper.

YUM!

(You can also add chicken for extra protein, but I didn't have any on hand!)

The sauce comes out at 207 calories for 1/3 of the total amount, and I used one 250 gram packet of slim pasta, between 3 of us, which came out at approx 9 calories! (I believe these may be the same/similar to Miracle Noodles in the US?)

STATS!

[Sauce only]

Cals 207
Protein 16
Carbs 20
Fat 8
Sat Fat 4
Sodium 567

[Slim pasta]

Cals 9
Protein 0.3
Carbs 1.4