New HRM wrong?

Options
Bought the Kelly Holmes sports watch/HRM from tescos. I wore it whilst doing 80 mins of just dance 3 on the Xbox at a high pace. I was sweaty and couldn't have had much of a chat whilst dancing but the HRM said I burned 1250 calories! Could this be right? My BMI is 36 and my top hr was 193bpm and ave it says was 136bpm.

Replies

• LadyPenelopePink
    Options
    Anyone? I also did some power walking for 20 mins today up a steady hill wearing my tone trainers and it said I burned 300 cals! I was checking my pulse manually too so I was ave 130-140bpm but cals burned still seems high!
  • scottishhighlander
    Options
    Sounds like similar numbers to what I would expect from my polar HRM.
  • LadyPenelopePink
    Options
    It does? So it maybe right? Going to wear it to Zumba tomorrow night and see what it says. Thanks for replying :0)
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Sounds reasonable
  • PrfctGdess
    Options
    Seems about in line with my Timex as well, given your BMI and heartrate
  • jdavison91
    Options
    Agree, that seams reasonable for 80 minutes of moderate to intense exercise. When I run for an hour with an average heart rate between 140-150 I usually burn about 1,000 calories (my BMI is about 24).
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Without knowing your height or actual weight (not just BMI) I can't tell if that's high or not. You can always bounce the numbers off the calculator here:

http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/heart-rate-based-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx

There's a handful of other calculators out on the web, too.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Does it have a chest strap and take all info(age, weight, height, gender and Vo2max) if not, then it won't be accurate.

I personally think the numbers sound a bit high.... but then again, I always err on the side of caution with my HRM.
  • LadyPenelopePink
    Options
    Thanks all.
    Yes it asks for age, height, weight and works out your fitness levels too.
    I'll maybe just half what it says or 2/3 to log it