Fit Challenge

Options
I just started a fit challenge at work and was told that I wasn't eating enough calories and I needed to keep track of what I am eating and what I am burning. I have started working out again after 2 years and I feel great so far. I am eating what I want but in moderation. I refuse to go on another diet. No more dieting its a joke and a lie. A 3 billion dollar industry that relies on people to go on diets so that they can buy more stuff to lose weight only to gain weight again to buy more products to lose more weight. I think I have paid into that industry at least 1 million dollars over 20 years. I am now paying myself to get better, get fit, eat better, and feel better, if I release some weight in the process then that is a bonus. It is time to focus on how I feel get in the right frequency of thought and change my body by changing my health. The mind is a powerful tool in this process and so far I am feeling absolutely wonderful. It's been 2 full weeks since I started working out and I feel like I can climb mount everest. I am a gastric bypass survivor. I had my surgery 3 years ago and have lost 135lbs but I gained about 25lbs in 2 years which i have to say is not bad since I was 326lbs 3 years ago I think 25lbs is awesome it could have been more. Since I have started loving me and taking care of me I feel better and look great bump the scale it lies any way LOL. I am going by how I feel and my clothing. Woohoo. Keep up the good work everybody. See you on the GAINING SIDE - Gaining Health, Happiness, and Life Back. :)

Replies

• TrixieMarie
    Options
    Good luck and that challenge of yours. I think your right. There isn't a diet book out there that doesn't tell you what you all ready now. The hardest part is applying it to your life. For some reason we think that if someone has an MD behind their name or has written a book then they must know what they are talking about. But here in the real world, we have a lot of control and most of the time it boils down to a mind game that we play with ourselves. Some days I have to tell myself, " just get up and put your shoes on... ok it wont hurt to go down and check what it's like outside... well since I am out here I might as well run... wow, I just ran a mile! What's one more." Pathetic, probably. But at 6 in the morning, you just do what you gotta do. :) Little by little, choice by choice, we CAN make a difference in our health and happiness and keep our hard earned money in our pockets and out of the diet industries hand.
  • nabia2012
    Options
    Hey Trixie, you are definitely right on the money :). I told my friend yesterday, that we are rebellious by nature, if you tell us we can't have something we want it more. There is nothing in this world that we can't have without hard work. the problem with diets is that it actually trains your mind to think that you are lacking something when we were given everything we ever need and we can get more of it and it's enough to go around for everybody. Stop thinking in lack and start thinking in abundance and everything you every wanted or envisioned for yourself is possible and will happen. I found the reason why we sabotage ourselves is due to thinking we are not good enough to have that nice body, or we feel inadequate but if you believe in spiritual things then you know that someone perfect gave up something valuable for us so we are worthy of being happy, healthy, wealthy in all matters of life. I told my sister-in- law yesterday, this world is built on lack, that means that we are always in want or need of something. I told my mom stop watching those crazy paid programming, after I looked around her house and realized she has bough so many things that are just collecting dust and now she don't want to get rid of it. We are worthy of being happy and it was even promised to us so we should continue to work in harmony of what we were already given. Sorry Trixie I am very passionate about telling people that life is what you make it out to be stop listening to the lie and you will live according to your truth that is you are worthy.
  • nabia2012
    Options
    I am confused about the calories and exercise piece. I never counted calories before this is my first time doing this. I am confused because according to my calorie intake and exercise I am not eating enough. Its strange because of my Gastric Bypass I cannot eat much unless I eat unhealthy foods. I know that I am burning at least 500 calories a day. can someone help me understand what that means? Thank you
  • nabia2012
    Options
    Well so far I have been exercising everyday but I had to go to emergency today due to high blood pressure. 221/115 it really scared me and I am so worried about exercising now. I wish I knew what was going on with my body. I am now taking myself off breads, sugars of all sorts only fruit, veggies, and proteins. I have to take care of myself. I am trying not to worry but can't help it. Now I am on blood pressure meds. Wow, I really gotta try to take care of me.