My MFP one year anniversary photos

Options

Replies

• imkegoal
    imkegoal Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look younger and so much fitter. Wheere's that tummy gone?!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    How did you do this? In 2005, I started a personal improvement plan and lost over 40 pounds with diet and exercise - got to my "goal" size of blue jeans. Had a lot of changes in my life and over the next 1-1/2 years or so put back on 28 of those pounds and have been struggling since December 2011 to get weight off. I work out 4-5 days per week and am really adhering to the calorie restrictions set up in this program. I will drop a pound, pick up 1/2 pound, drop 1-1/2 pounds, pick 1 back up, etc. and have only managed to get off about 7 pounds. I am 59 years old so don't know if that has any bearing on it or not. Any suggestions? Thanks so much - you look great and are incredibly brave to post those pics. :smile:
    My weight has actually plateaued for the past three months, otherwise I think I'd be recording a much bigger loss! However, I'm much fitter and the inches are still going down.

I run three times a week, including one very long run (I'm training for the marathon). I do low-impact cardio, like swimming, stationary bike or walking, two other days. I had dropped resistance training as I was worried achy muscles would hold me back, but I was getting flabby so I restarted weights, kettlebells and bodyweight exercises with plenty of all-body core moves.

I eat every one of my exercise calories, still have occasional blow-out meals and drink way too much booze, otherwise I'm sure I'm be smaller! I'm a strong believer in not making significant sacrifices or doing exercise you don't like just for the burn. Makes it far easier to stick with!

I've gone from UK size 18 (US 14) to 14 (US 10), and I'm still amazed at how tiny my new clothes look when I get them out of the wardrobe!
  • Jmbean84
    Jmbean84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! Happy 1 year anniversary!! And you should be proud! Great job!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! :heart:

And how did you manage to get 15 years younger in one year?!
  • MRSRRR08
    Options
    Awesome! I so hope I look that good.:smile:
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! But then I'd expect nothing less from you! x:flowerforyou:
  • MustangCindy67
    MustangCindy67 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Awesome...you are inspiring me to keep trying...thanks....:smile:
  • CoachVakaNERD
    Options
    Amazing!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    You have definitely tightened up. Great work!!!
  • MzGreedii
    Options
    Awesome Job!!!
  • theresa029
    Options
    wow! looking so strong! amazing!
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the good work.
  • scunningham2012
    scunningham2012 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on some wonderful results!
  • kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Wow. 28lbs made a HUGE difference.

You look much much much leaner!!
  • Jd_jaquez
    Jd_jaquez Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Amazing great job
  • DUCKYDL
    DUCKYDL Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ce47862
    ce47862 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow.... So proud
    :glasses:
  • tararar
    Options
    Awesome, you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!