My Motivational Plan ...

Options
Knowing myself and how my brain works, to keep myself focused through those times I want to throw in the towel and scarf down a ton of stuff that would wreck anyone's diet, I came up with a plan involving the one thing that truly motivates me, money. Here is my plan, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please feel free to post them. Would love to hear what others think.

I set my "initial" weigh in this morning and weighed in at 281.0 pounds. My plan is to weight in once a week, on Sunday mornings. If I have gained weight from the previous weigh-in, I will pay a "penalty" for the gain of $10.00 per pound. If I did not lose any weight and am at the exact same weight, there will be a penalty of $5.00 for the week. Only if there has been a loss, do I not have to pay and the week was successful. Each week the process will start over.

Instead of picking a date to my goal, I will be picking a weight. As I wish to lose 60 pounds, my cut off date for part one of my journey will b at 250 pounds. I will continue this penalty system until I reach that goal, whether it takes 2 months or 6 months, it doesn't matter. Once I reach my goal, I will take whatever the amount of money I have penalized myself and donate it to a local food bank. Seems right that money that comes from my over-indulgence be given to help those in need.

I look forward to hearing what others think about this idea. Also, if you are interested in following my process, feel free to add me as a friend on here, I will be updating my process regularly.

Replies

• Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful idea! Best of luck to you!
  • futbolkt21
    Options
    Great idea!
  • cjsgrimlin
    Options
    Thats an awesome idea!! Good luck!!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    That's totally awesome way to do it!!

Money is a little bit of a motivator for me too.
    I can report my activities to my health insurance company for points.
    When I hit 50,000 points for the year, I'll save 20$ a month on my premium for 2013.
    Once I hit 25,000 points and every 5000 points after that, I can redeem my points for giftcards to different places like Amazon.
    All of my running has already earned me 25$ to Amazon and I've been reporting since 2 Jan!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Fantastic plan! X
  • DoNotBurnTheDay
    DoNotBurnTheDay Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. :)