Can anyone tell me when/where is the rite time to use a whey

Options
Can anyone tell me when/where is the rite time to use a whey protein n shake ??? N have any tips n suggestions a ive never used protein powder before.... Also had anyone tryed body fortress protein powder from walmart?...(as I just bought the chocolate flavor)....thanx in advance

Replies

• elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Prime time to use it is after a workout, preferably within 45 mins of finishing your workout, whether cardio or weights. It's there to repair the muscle damage and help aid weightloss and lean muscle mass
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    thanks so much as u have been the only one to answer....=) so far...how come i see ppl have a shake in the morning n such after workout yes...=)
  • castufari
    castufari Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I drink a bit 30 minutes before my work out and the rest within 30 minutes later. I wake up, make a scoop and drink it, then go to the gym. After gym I'll come home and drink another scoop before I make breakfast, etc. For cardio I do a scoop of whey after I'm done along with some good carbs.
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    thanks so much as u have been the only one to answer....=) so far...how come i see ppl have a shake in the morning n such after workout yes...=)

No worries :) the lean protein repairs your muscles and aids recovery. Easy rule of thumb to help out is that carbs before workout (at least 2 houra before a workout) and protein afteri workout is usually a good one. X
  • scottishhighlander
    Options
    Once a day, 30grams of protein within 30 mins of waking up!
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    No right or wrong time. I use it after lifting, but also whenever I am trying to meet my protein macro and coming up short through dietart sources. It can me made into a shake or added to soft foods like oatmeal or yogurt. I add the Walmart Body Fortress brand to oatmeal and yogurt, but don't typically drink it unless it is blended in a shake because it tends not to mix well with shaking only. This has been my experiece. I use another brand for drinking, currently GNC AMP. GNC AMP is really expensive though, so I'm looking for another brand for drinking.
  • Chloe_Chaos_
    Chloe_Chaos_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Some days I will have some for breakfast or some for lunch.
    But I try to make it right after my workout as much as possible.
    I use Body Fortress Vanilla and I LOOOOVE it! Tastes like ice cream. I recently bought chocolate of a different brand (Jillian Michaels) to try because it was a bit cheaper and there was less of it (in case I didn't like it). But if I am not going to have my protein after working out it's usually a meal replacement, I find that on the weekends I'm not usually hungry for lunch so drinking some calories doesn't make me feel as miserable as forcing myself to eat.

PS: I use a blender because stirring it with a spoon doesn't get it all the WHEY mixed (see what I did there ahahahah goofball).