Feeling Really Ticked Off Right Now!

Options
Today is my birthday. Up until two seconds ago when my ex texted me, I was having a really great day so far. Now, I'm sitting here trying my hardest to blink back the tears. I will NOT let this man make me cry on my birthday!!

So, it's now been about 10 or 11 days since I last heard a word from him (which I'm sure coincides with right when he started dating his latest girlfriend) & then today of all days he suddenly "has" to contact me? Why? Why the **** he think I'd want to hear from him on my birthday of all days?? Did he REALLY think that would make me happy?!?! I mean he obviously doesn't care about me a whole lot or else he'd BE with me on my birthday (and every day) instead of just sending me some lame ****** text!! Oh, did I mention that just a few weeks ago he kept telling me that he really wanted us to be going back out again before my birthday so that we could be together on my birthday?? I knew when he said it that he was full of crap because if he had been serious about getting back together he would have asked to do it right away & not tried to put off reconciling for a few more weeks. Still though, it hurts that he even suggested that & then CLEARLY didn't follow through with it since I have every reason to think he's with someone else.

Here's what his text said:
"Aww just wanted to wish you a happy birthday".

I FEEL like texting him back and telling him to **** off, but I think I'm just going to ignore his text.

Replies

• Metamorphasis555
    Options
    For those of you who aren't familiar with the situation with my ex, here's a bit of background from another post I made on here recently:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/489662-ex-wants-to-talk-on-daily-basis-but-drops-me-immediately-whe
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Ignore his text and go on about your day.

Don't give him the ability to muddy your birthday ; you have the power to make today fabulous by disallowing him to consume your thoughts and partaking in activities you actually enjoy

Happy birthday, by the way. May your day be filled with light, love and laughter. :flowerforyou:
  • cms6300
    cms6300 Posts: 163
    Options
    fu*k him - Happy Bday!
  • Jules0336
    Jules0336 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Ignore and go about your day, its hard...but you will feel better in the end.

Happy Birthday :smile:
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I'd ignore it because it's your birthday. Tomorrow though, I'd tell him to **** off...(=

And happy birthday!
  • t2811
    t2811 Posts: 56
    Options
    Enjoy the rest of your birthday... It sounds as though you are better off without him; ... delete him from your phone.

You deserve better and he deserves what he gets, so hold your head high and believe that you can move on. What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger and you CAN be strong. We are all here if you need us. xx
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!!! :flowerforyou:

Damn exes. :grumble:
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Forget about him, enjoy YOUR day. Tell him thanks, or nothing at all, and move on! As long as this guy knows that he can mess with your emotions, he will always try to do so.

Oh, and happy birthday! You deserve it :flowerforyou:
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Maybe just maybe he really just wanted to wish you a happy birthday and thats all there was to it. But either way... with all the drama and past issues.... tell him you want to cut ties and block his number. Itll save you all this headache.
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Guys are pathetic, I know I am one. He's had a row with his current so is winging it. IGNORE HIM, DO NOT GET DRAWN IN!!

Enjoy the day, if you need a cry, have one! It means you are STRONG enough to recognise your emotions :)

Russ
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Ignore his text and go on about your day.

Don't give him the ability to muddy your birthday ; you have the power to make today fabulous by disallowing him to consume your thoughts and partaking in activities you actually enjoy

Happy birthday, by the way. May your day be filled with light, love and laughter. :flowerforyou:

This.

Happy birthday sweets. I hope it is fabulous and you don't let his shadow dim your joy today.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Your ex is a *kitten*.

Ignore it and have a happy birthday.
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'd ignore him, don't give the satisfaction of knowing it affected you in anyway! If he wanted to be with you he would be! F#&$ him and have the best birthday ever......get with your friends go out and have fun!!!!!!! Don't let him ruin YOUR day!
  • patricknsmith
    patricknsmith Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday :drinker:
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    You are letting your "ex" control you. It is now time to X him/her off your list. Block his number and his addresses from your phone. Now. Just like you don't (I hope) let harmful food in your house or stay in your house, don't let harmful or toxic people control your life. You have a choice - keeping getting angry or choose to break free. Use it.
  • alsilecchia
    Options
    I know it's really hard to just walk away and ignore the situation but trust me ... a great life is the best revenge .. Don't be sad on your birthday your worth way more then this man has to offer :) btw Happy Birthday I hope your day gets better
  • QuiteNice
    QuiteNice Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Do not respond to his text even though you may want to...life is too short for those kinds of games! Hope you have a wonderful birthday!:flowerforyou:
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    He can't lead you on and mess with your emotions is you don't let him. I read a little of your other post, and if this has been going on for the past year, it's time to realize you need to just stop all contact with him. He's wanting you to fall back on. Quit talking to him all together, and let yourself heal and move on.
  • juliesauber13
    Options
    Wow, what a supportive bunch of MFP peeps you have! :) And I totally agree -- this is YOUR day! Who knows if he has a girlfriend or not? That is just you spending more time wondering about hypothetical situations that DO NOT MATTER ON YOUR BIRTHDAY! I'm sorry his text brought you to tears, but just add up the amount of time you spent being sad and upset about him this morning and quadruple that amount of time doing something you really WANT to do today! Something that makes you totally immersed in happiness or positivity or intrigue or passion.

Whether or not he's with someone, not with someone, wanting to be nice on your b-day or wanting to mess with your head -- YOU can't do ANYTHING to change him! All you CAN do is enjoy the hell outta your day AND live your life the way you want to. You do you. He'll do him. And you'll be a much better/happier/fulfilled person by making YOUR BEST LIFE the focus of your energy.

Happy Birthday!
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! (Mine is tomorrow). You are so much better than this man. You are getting your life back on track, one step at a time. Believe me when I say, good things are coming your way and they will be worth the wait. And you will be so glad you stepped away from this life-sucking ex of yours.

:drinker: