I have 20min at home for exercise

Options
What are your suggestions for some good 20min workouts at home? DVD workout, youtube workout, written out workout? I do have an elliptical so 20min with some music or a show to watch is good, but I hate doing the same thing over and over. I also have some hand weights. I've hit my goal weight strictly through watching what I'm eating , just looking for maybe a few more pounds and to tone up before summer. I have two kids who love to interrupt, so committing more then 20min of uninterrupted time is more of an exercise in frustration!

Replies

• yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Are you on Pinterest? The Fitness section always has really good and quick workouts that involve moves like burpees, push-ups, mountain climbers, crunches, lunges, sprinting in place, etc. And there are new workouts being uploaded all the time so it never gets stale or redundant. Best wishes!
  • tinkerpuppet
    tinkerpuppet Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love Pinterest! I pinned a bunch of the Bodyrock videos, but found them really confusing. I do like those types of exercises where I can just put on my own music and do some basics, I just never know what/how many to do. Off to scroll through the fitness section, thanks!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I've taken a few body pump classes and really like them.

I've sort of adapted the moves to hand weights and I throw on some music and have at it.

I'll do one song for biceps, one for triceps, one for shoulders, one for back and one for abs. 20-25 minutes.
  • AB963K
    AB963K Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Jillian Michaels 30 day shred ??...lots of links on here if you put it into search and it definately gives results..only 25 mins
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    30DS Ripped in 30. NMTZ and BFBM both are 40 minute exercises but theres an option on the DVD to select circuits so you can do a 20 min workout with it. Tons of Firm DVDs. Check out collagevideo.com
  • Katie3784
    Options
    Try developing an interval workout using weights. If you move through each exercise without taking a break, you will keep your HR up, therefore getting cardio as well. Do, say 5 different strength moves, cardio for 2 minutes, and repeat two more times.