Options
2»

Replies

• kandy221
    Options
    Bump, need to read this later
  • debbiepa
    Options
    Your post is so inspiring and exciting. I've done a few 1/2 marathons and each was has been as nerve-racking and exciting just as you've described. Thank you for reminding all runners of those emotions and for hopefully encouraging those thinking about running. Well done!
  • saritabandita
    saritabandita Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Great race recap! Your story brought back some great memories for me (I've been forced to take a looooong break from running due to a foot injury). I had to laugh about the "loneliness" you mentioned... I am the slowest runner I know & can't run with other people, but I like it that way. Your story is an inspiration to me and I'm sure to others... it's amazing what a body can achieve when given the chance. It must have felt amazing to have people cheering you on and treating you like a celebrity. :happy: You are doing GREAT! I'm sure you'll have many more running/race stories to share.

3542820.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Wow you have me BAWLING here! Your first half sounds alot like mine. I had a VERY hard time being alone. It was mile 9 and I was all by myself thoughts going through my head what was I thinking why was I here etc. This is the one thing I have to work on. Being happy with just running me and the pavement. I also cried several times during my race. I was mad, happy, sad all at once. Good for you!!!!
  • Msjat
    Msjat Posts: 9
    Options
    There are tears in my eyes. Thank you for sharing. Yesterday I signed up for the San Francisco 1/2 marathon in July and I am very scared. Reading about what you did gives me courage. I can do this.
  • suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    I absolutely loved reading your story! So humbling and inspirational. I can't wait to read about your next half marathon! Congrats and I wish you nothing but the best! :flowerforyou:
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - loved your post. i have my half marathon a week today and im starting to get so nervous, im running for charity and i feel so pressured to complete it. It's only pressure i put on myself but i just want to enjoy it like you did. I enjoyed reading your post, it's nice to hear other peoples feelings as i often feel the same and also i have learnt to deal with my thoughts whilst out running and i quite like it. Its almost like meditation one you hit your rhythm.

Well done. :)