Which Sprouted Ezekiel Bread?

Options
CoderGal
CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
Where do you get yours and is it good? I've never heard of it until these forums but would like to try it

PS I'm in Canada

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Where do you get yours and is it good? I've never heard of it until these forums but would like to try it

its fantastic

I get mine at Trader Joes

cinnamon raisin toast with peanut butter is awesome
  • rayleansout
    Options
    The cinamaon raisin ins great, its kinda like cake!! I usually get the low - sero sodium because I watch sodium intake, it is good as well, Trader Joes, or grocery in health food section - look in frozen helath food section.
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options

its fantastic

I get mine at Trader Joes

cinnamon raisin toast with peanut butter is awesome

Oh ya......this! It is the best! I actually use an almond/cashew butter on mine.
  • TheMerryPup
    TheMerryPup Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I eat Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain Bread by Food for Life. It comes frozen and I get it at a local health food store although they may carry it at my local supermarket. I haven't looked. They also make other types. You can see them here:

http://www.foodforlife.com/product-catalog/ezekiel-49/breads
  • vickieross
    vickieross Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    What I tried was really nasty. It's located in the freezer section with the vegetarian stuff at my store.
  • megmo_7
    megmo_7 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You can get them at most groceries stories in the organic freezer section. I have 4 different grocery stores nearby and they all carry a few products. I really love them and they are very filling! Here is a store finder link for you http://www.foodforlife.com/about-us/store-finder , several of my family members did not like them the first time they tried it but now they love them and eat them all the time. I always keep it in the freezer, pop it out and put it in the toaster and then make toasted sammys and what not with them. I love them toasted!
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes and they are all great
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    ooo, you all so lucky. I can't have it because it uses grain sprouted from seeds, and I have sensitivities to all of that, so enjoy it for me, and I'll just watch and drool....
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Sprouted bread is about 75% of the bread I eat. Shop around - it can be expensive - I get mine in whole foods - what I eat depend on what is on sale. Most often I eat the low sodium.

You can buy it online at the Ezekiel store http://foodforlife.elsstore.com/
  • lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm a little behind on the bread thing, I've seen Ezekiel bread, but what makes it so special?? Please! I know where I have seen it and wonder why people talk about it here so much on MFP!
  • daphnegetnfit
    Options
    Trader Joe's - it is awesome!
  • CoderGal
    Options
    We do not have this 'trader joes' you speak of :P
    Sprouted bread is about 75% of the bread I eat. Shop around - it can be expensive - I get mine in whole foods - what I eat depend on what is on sale. Most often I eat the low sodium.

You can buy it online at the Ezekiel store http://foodforlife.elsstore.com/

I can't get it to work for anywhere in the world. It constantly just says no results? Is this thing working?
  • mary35699
    mary35699 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was at Domionion (loblaws) the other day and down in the "health/specialty food" section in the freezer they had a sprouted bread. I didn't buy it cause it was way to expensive I think it was 5-6 something a loaf. And I was afraid I wouldn't like it.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    I was at Domionion (loblaws) the other day and down in the "health/specialty food" section in the freezer they had a sprouted bread. I didn't buy it cause it was way to expensive I think it was 5-6 something a loaf. And I was afraid I wouldn't like it.
    What I tried was really nasty. It's located in the freezer section with the vegetarian stuff at my store.
    I'm wondering if they're anywhere else for this reason lol. Plus some of the stuff at the health food section at Dominion has been there gazillion years. Sometimes I go there and the ice creams are freezer burned from the inside out and I've bought a couple things that were gone bad. Not enough healthy people here to get rid of it :P
  • plethorax
    plethorax Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well, if you can't find a satisfactory store-bought version, you could always try to make it yourself:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/ezekiel-bread-i/
  • Jamie_82
    Options
    I like the regular and 7-grain. I get it at my local health food store for just under $6. While that IS expensive for a loaf of bread, it is worth it to me (besides, I used to blow that much for a meal at Taco Bell or Sonic!).

For those of you who didn't like it, what kind of bread are you used to eating? If you are a white bread baby, that's a pretty big jump. Also, it is good lightly toasted, as warming it up makes it a bit softer.

When I get home I pop it in the fridge and eat it within a week. I also tried their cereal, but didn't care for it too much. Kashi has some amazing cereals though!

If you are diabetic or even pre-diabetic, I would highly recommend this bread!
  • XOchocolate
    XOchocolate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I just started eating it a couple weeks ago. I love the sesame seed bread toasted. I lived in Canada and I buy it at the frozen section in the health food area at sobers or superstore.
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I love the cinnamon raisin toasted with Artisana coconut butter or peanut butter or made into stuffed french toast with cream cheese but I would not go so far as to say it tastes like cake, lol
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I live in Atlantic Canada and get my Ezekiel bread in the frozen/health food section.. it's near where the Liberte greek yogurt is and the gluten free frozen stuff. Both Sobey's and Superstore sells it!
  • CrazyWhiskers
    CrazyWhiskers Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I absolutely must pick up some of this bread! I have been reading good things about it, and since I eat the same PB&Banana sandwich everyday, might as well have tbe healthiest bread :P