Odd question, but any other funeral directors out there?

Options
I know, I know... bizarre topic lol. But I am curious...

I see a lot of nurses, teachers, you know.. people who share the same professions and have something in common. I'm not a licensed funeral director yet, but am in school and work for a body removal service. It's a quirky field, and I highly doubt there's any more on here, but I figured why not ask? Nothing to lose, except a few weird brow-arches from people who think I'm a nut... ;) I love networking with others in the field -- kind of have to, you know?

Happy losing! -- weight, that is :)

Replies

• DarthNox
    Options
    Guess not. Well damn, that makes me sad :( lol
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    No, but I used to work for a Ghost Tours company! Close enough!
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    No, but I used to know someone who worked in a funeral parlour. She was absolutely fascinated - I've never seen anyone talk to excitedly about their job before, or since.
  • DarthNox
    Options
    No, but I used to know someone who worked in a funeral parlour. She was absolutely fascinated - I've never seen anyone talk to excitedly about their job before, or since.

That's great! I absolutely *adore* hearing of other women in the business. Unfortunately, it's a "male dominated" field, and most of them think we can't handle it. Hah! I deal with more than the boys....... lol

And Ghost Tours, eh? That sounds fun :)
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My name is Brittany.

I graduated from the Program of Mortuary Science at the University of Minnesota in May 2010. I'm a licensed funeral director in both Minnesota and Wisconsin. I'm involved with all the aspects of funeral service. Removals, embalmings, funeral arrangements, cremations, funeral directing, restorative art, everything.

...and I thought I was the only mortician on MFP ;)