Does anyone use a Bowflex?

Options
My husband bought me a Bowflex , I have back problems and have a lot of trouble with free weights. I see all the posts about "heavy lifting" and would love to be able to do this with this machine....But I'm a little unsure of how to accomplish this! Any suggestions?

Replies

• blueberrybagel
    Options
    Guess I'll figure it out myself!
  • blueberrybagel
    Options
    No love or support for the Bowflex user!! LOL Gotta love all the encouragement :P
  • melanielockard
    melanielockard Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    sorry i have no advice on heavy lifting, but I have a bowflex and love it, although it is setting at my moms right now because we moved into a smaller house. its very easy to use, and love that it doesnt take alot of space. congrats on your new purchase and good luck on your journey.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I have one, presently packed in storage. Generally I used it for Rowing more than anything. A co-worker uses one daily and enjoys it. I just find myself going back to dumbbells and kettlebell.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Just use higher "rod" resistance on the exercises offered by the Bowflex.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I have one. I don't use it too much, but as long as you are pushing yourself it should count as "heavy lifting". The last few reps should be hard.
  • Lissakaye81
    Lissakaye81 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I don't have a bowflex but i have "the Tower" body by jake, which uses the resistance bands which is similar and love it so far.
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I have one and I love it! just fixed it today by myself, it was out of order for a year almost, i have put it together so many times and replaced the right side engine drive so, if you have any questions feel free to msg. me! I do free weights and circuit training too.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I lost ALL of my weight from my first baby by using the Bowflex Power Pro. In fact, it is the Bowflex results that have swayed me in to trying the heavy lifting technique. My Bowflex is covered with dust at my mom's house. I really want it back!! I worshipped it! I did the poster program (the poster that came with the machine) and walked a couple of miles. 30 minutes a day, 3X week. It really is more like 45 minutes because you are moving the resistance bands and the seat position. Does it still come with the poster? Mine is gone and I've been trying to find one online for like 10 years!!

Good luck you'll love it!