Having a tough day

Options
I am having one of those days. I feel like a bottomless pit! I am really hungry today and feel like I could do nothing but sit and eat all day long. I know that if I give in I will regret it tomorrow so I am trying to stay strong. Wish me luck!

Replies

• lisaslim1976
    Options
    have a nice milky coffee...that will stop the hunger x
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk and portion out a serving of something that you can afford in your calories today. You'll get there! We all have those days... at least I do!!!
  • lrkidd
    lrkidd Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That was me yesterday. Don't know why that happens to us but it drives me crazy!!!!

Try eating a handful of nuts. I don't know but it always seems to work for me.
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Try a serving of protein if the usge gets overwhelming. A lowfat ham roll up, an oz of cheese etc. There are calories there but protein doesn't seem to start the urge to munch the way carbs do. Good luck
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough calories? Really enough?

If so- find something else to do- anything. Playing video games works for me, or housework. Visiting with a friend helps me too. Some days it's just a day to push on through.
  • kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You can do it :)
  • StephnElbow
    StephnElbow Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    yea ive been there too. just have to keep busy. clean, do your nails, run errands you need to do. anything to keep your mind on other stuff
  • rach2705
    rach2705 Posts: 107
    Options
    I find drinking a lot of fruit tea helps as well as keeping busy and not thinking too much, and if they fail eating some porridge / oatmeal.
  • myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Exercise a little more, so you can eat a little more!
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that, waiting for the T-shirt to arrive in the mail. :) Like others have said, push on through. Get out and do something active and fun!

Good luck!
  • birdshoup
    birdshoup Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    working out or doing something where I really sweat keeps the hunger at bay for me. Its two birds with one stone...you're getting exercise AND stopping you from making bad food decisions.
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Good Luck we all have those days!!!
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    You'll be okay. I had one of those days yesterday but I didn't beat myself up about it. Just promised myself to get back on track the next morning and it's been fine today (knock on wood!). Try keeping yourself busy and do eat if you have the calories. Best wishes!
  • mizzcase
    Options
    Go to McDonalds, order a black coffee, sit down, and watch all the obese people around you stuff their faces. Ugh, disgusting. Makes me lose my appetite every time.
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    drink water, water, water! you will feel so full yo won't want to eat! If you do decide to eat make it a healthy choice first. Put it on a plate and sit down at teh table to eat it! Make it on a small plate so you feel like you are getting a lot and make it pretty! If it is pretty and you take time to enjoy preparing it AND eating it then you will feel more satisfied!

Eat a veggie first! If you don't want to eat the veggie then you are just fighting a craving...pop in a pice of gum and find something to do!

If you eat the veggie and you are still hungry...fix something!

One of my favorite Sweet snacks is a fruit salad. cut up any of your favorite fruits toss in a bowl drizzle with honey and lime juice, top with chopped almonds and enjoy! The more variety of fruit you use the prettier it will be! Put it in a dessert cup( I have a specail sundae cup I use) and totally enjoy it!!!
    Good Luck! We all have "bottomless pit days" make sure you are eating enough!!! Healthy foods too!
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I was also having one of those blah days, but I forced myself to get on the treadmill, I didn't workout as hard or as long but I did something. Now I feel better that it's done.
  • ktmartin422
    ktmartin422 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow. Thank you all for your support. One more reason why I like this website so much. I am going to go out and take a walk. That should take my mind off of things. :-)
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    remember that your body is reacting to a deficit.... and that's what you want!..... it's not always going to be comfortable, but work through it and recognize this as sign that things are starting to change...... try and separate yourself mentally from the cravings and take away their power that way.....it's not what YOU want....it's just what your body wants.... and look what listening to it so far has done for you???

Good luck!
  • westdove
    westdove Posts: 174
    Options
    How did your day end up??